Hit the Shield Nickel site today! More nickels!

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out today for a few hours and hit a site I now call the Shield Nickel site for a good reason, today wasn't any different than the last few hunts here ,adding 5 more Shields to my Talley of coins recovered on this site.
1000000926.jpg
1000000933.jpg
1 crusty Indian and a few buttons and other homestead related artifacts. I've added a picture of all the coins recovered from this site 13 Shield nickels, 1 V nickel , one 2 center ,1 nickel 3 center, 5 indians and 3 Wheaties.

Upvote 32
Got out today for a few hours and hit a site I now call the Shield Nickel site for a good reason, today wasn't any different than the last few hunts here ,adding 5 more Shields to my Talley of coins recovered on this site. View attachment 2135031View attachment 21350321 crusty Indian and a few buttons and other homestead related artifacts. I've added a picture of all the coins recovered from this site 13 Shield nickels, 1 V nickel , one 2 center ,1 nickel 3 center, 5 indians and 3 Wheaties.
Great finds! I'm curious about your spot? I dug 51 nickels at an old school one summer. Talking to an older friend I learned that it was one of the first schools in SC that provided lunch for the kids. The price for lunch and a cup of milk was a nickel.

Great finds! I'm curious about your spot? I dug 51 nickels at an old school one summer. Talking to an older friend I learned that it was one of the first schools in SC that provided lunch for the kids. The price for lunch and a cup of milk was a nickel.
Only shows on my plat as a homestead.

Holy Shield Nickles! That's a great spot. Nice assortment of finds.

Got out today for a few hours and hit a site I now call the Shield Nickel site for a good reason, today wasn't any different than the last few hunts here ,adding 5 more Shields to my Talley of coins recovered on this site. View attachment 2135031View attachment 21350321 crusty Indian and a few buttons and other homestead related artifacts. I've added a picture of all the coins recovered from this site 13 Shield nickels, 1 V nickel , one 2 center ,1 nickel 3 center, 5 indians and 3 Wheaties.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back