Hit the vacant house by the cemetery again today

2moshers

Dec 23, 2014
Pemberton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit the vacant house for the 2nd time today. Found 1 dime and 5 more pennies-the oldest a 1942 D Lincoln Cent. Also found another Victorian gas lamp/line valve, an old bullet, an old metal button with THE FREE LAND and an image of the U.S. on it, an old spoon with B.N. Co. showing (not sure if there should be more?), and a small brass item with 2 circles (not sure what this is?). If anyone is familiar with or can identify any of these finds I would very much appreciate it. Thanks! 005.JPG004.JPG002.JPG007.JPG006.JPG

Upvote 8
Thanks so far for the input. Since posting have found out that the one find is actually an old pocket watch winder. THE FREELAND metal button is from the FREELAND Overall Manufacturing co. circa early 1900s. Already knew of the Victorian gas valve as I have found several of those. The spoon I found buried deep at the base of a very old large tree. As I said the initials B. N. CO. are clearly visible but that is all I know. The bullet I believe to be early 1900s but am not certain. Again thanks for your responses. Hope we can find out more about the spoon.

Last edited:
Looks like a modern jacketed bullet to me.

neat finds!, I was gonna say watch winder for the small item with 2 rings

Those are some cool digs. Is the smaller part of that 2 ring item silver? Do you display your finds?

Congratulations on the old spoon recovery!

The pocket watch winder may be silver? Not sure? I do have a majority of my finds in display cases. Just ordered 2 more.

I have found one reference to the B. N. CO. on the spoon and it appears to have been made in Canada? Timeframe unsure?

Nice finds ,i think the bullet is modern , cool overall button. Good luck[emoji106]

There is also a Freeland Fashion Chain that manufactures clothing. Probably has nothing to do with that button. The company is relatively modern.
Nice hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back