What's new

Hmm... XP Deus or Etrac?

JPrice

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2015
Messages
25
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I was thinking about upgrading from my 705 if I win big in Vegas in 2 weeks *fingers crossed* and was wondering what everyone thought would be the better machine? I'm in Utah, USA and the places here that I usually detect are pretty trashy. Old and LOTS of iron. I've seen videos that show the recovery time of both machines, and the XP wins every time. I really like the 99 tones on the Minelabs, and am generally a Minelab fan over everything else. I haven't used an XP however, so I only know what I've seen on Youtube. I can get an Etrac for around 1200 bucks, and the XP I want is around 1500. So while it's not that far off, the price isn't really in the exact same ballpark unless I'm buying both brand new, then they're pretty close I guess. Anyway, just seeing what everyone thinks.

HH

Jon
 
Are there the only 2 you have considered for hunting in heavy iron? The Racer is due out very soon and about half the price. The Nokta Fors CoRe is the best value machine out there for iron since they had a huge price slash. These 2 machines have almost identical electronics and are built by sister company, in case you haven't heard.
 
Last edited:
In my book, speed always wins over depth. I had an E-Trac, and I did love it even though it was heavy and slow. I liked the accurate ID at depth, and the tones were decent. Ultimately I sold it in favor of a Deus, because I was impressed with the technology. I have to think that most desirable targets have remained hidden because they are among trash, not because they happen to be an inch deeper than the range of any previous detector. On top of its speed, I am impressed by XP's dedication to support the Deus with new software for free. V4.0 is due out this summer. It's ability to gain new functionality from the same detector is a huge advantage over everything else on the market.
 
Here's a video to back what fletch is saying....
 
That guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn lol. Good video though.
 
That guy sounds like Foghorn Leghorn lol. Good video though.

I know he does....but he knows alot about detecting and he owns like every machine made i beleive. He had a racer before anyone else.....idk how he managed to get one that quick.
 
That's just proper Georgeonian English. Lol!
 
Last edited:
So did you get a new machine?
 
I did, I got the E-Trac. Love it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom