What's new

Hmmmm...another trade weight?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the heels of the recent great discovery I was wondering if this may possibly be a trade weight as well. I can't see any marks on it but it came out of salt water and is quite "beat up" because of this. It is approximately 221 grams, 2.25 inches diameter and .5 inch thick. The bottom is concave and the top is rimmed. Picture number one is the top. Thanks for the input.

vkovr.jpg


c3phz.jpg
 
I will say yes - trade weight. Lots of examples here: weights

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Looks to be a homemade Lead Weight of which there are many types, not the usual 'verified' Trade Weight for offical use.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom