What's new

Holding my breath!! UPDATE!! CAN ONLY ORDER PRESIDENTS oh well

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an issue with a bank that I have had several accounts and loans with for over a decade. They have also been trying very hard to get our business accounts. Well to make a long story short, the tellers locked the door on me 2 minutes before closing when they saw my 2 boxes of halves. I called Corp, and got a call back from the branch MGR. asking what he could do to rectify the situation.

I asked im to special order me a bag of older Dollar coins (Ikes or older). He said there is a minimum order of 500 or 1000 and may be a minimum fee but they would absorb it because of the earlier issue. He also said it could be done. It only takes a couple phone calls on Monday.

I'll keep everybody updated when I exhale.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Holding my breath!!

Man that could be SWEET! Hope it turns out well!
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Piercesdad said:
Well to make a long story short, the tellers locked the door on me 2 minutes before closing when they saw my 2 boxes of halves.


That's pretty mean. Two boxes should not have taken too long to run if they have a good machine.

Jim
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Nice job. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Good luck when they get here!!!
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Man that is pretty jacked up. Why don't these tellers just do their jobs? Is it that much of a hassle? Maybe it is.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Piercesdad said:
I had an issue with a bank that I have had several accounts and loans with for over a decade. They have also been trying very hard to get our business accounts. Well to make a long story short, the tellers locked the door on me 2 minutes before closing when they saw my 2 boxes of halves. I called Corp, and got a call back from the branch MGR. asking what he could do to rectify the situation.

I asked im to special order me a bag of older Dollar coins (Ikes or older). He said there is a minimum order of 500 or 1000 and may be a minimum fee but they would absorb it because of the earlier issue. He also said it could be done. It only takes a couple phone calls on Monday.

I'll keep everybody updated when I exhale.

I've been trying to get the large dollars from my supply bank for some time. I've been nice, but recently I've had to escalate my request to the district manager of Loomis. I search 8 boxes of halves a week and I'm looking to do get a 1000 dollar bag of Ikes.
 
Re: Holding my breath!!

Please PM me the information on ordering a bag of ikes. Sorry but i may not be able to check this forum for a bit
 
I'd like to know how to get a bag of ikes too. I'm pretty sure my head teller would order them for me but she said she didn't know how. Is there a magic jargon that she needs to use when talking to whomever she talks to?
 
Sorry, guys it didn't happen. They could only get those new golden $
 
I've actually stumped the Loomis account reps, also. My emails have been forwarded around the office with no resolution. My supply bank said they could only get the small dollars as the large dollars were being removed from circulation. Yet, when I recently took a tour of the Jacksonville branch of the Federal Reserve, the Director of Public Relations indicated that the large dollars are still processed (incoming/outgoing).
 
Diver_Down said:
I've actually stumped the Loomis account reps, also. My emails have been forwarded around the office with no resolution. My supply bank said they could only get the small dollars as the large dollars were being removed from circulation. Yet, when I recently took a tour of the Jacksonville branch of the Federal Reserve, the Director of Public Relations indicated that the large dollars are still processed (incoming/outgoing).

Well can you talk to that director and see if he can put you in touch with someone who could hook you up with some of those "Big Dollar Coins"?

Mojo
 
Hey Pdiddy at least you tried man. You never know you what you might get. Hell you have already found more silver dollars for face than I have.

Golden Silver
 
That sucks man. I have a great teller. She orders me Ikes every bank quarter. Still lookin for silver though.
HH,
Frank
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom