SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RW said:
Tabnabber said:
I was about to purchase the AT Pro until I read several post about its short comings. Problems with slop in its pole, headphone connections and problem with the paint shield or lack of in the coil. Waiting to see how Garrett is going to address these problems and soon as they get these problems solved I will get one. Will they do recalls on ones that are already sold?

I think the OP of this thread posted a similar topic about Tesoro on another forum as his first post there as well. I smell a troll...

The OP just joined the forum and has made only one post - just look by his name in the first post of this thread. Please check your facts before you start accusing folks of things you can't prove and that don't seem to be true.

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabnabber said:
I was about to purchase the AT Pro until I read several post about its short comings. Problems with slop in its pole, headphone connections and problem with the paint shield or lack of in the coil. Waiting to see how Garrett is going to address these problems and soon as they get these problems solved I will get one. Will they do recalls on ones that are already sold?

I don't think you would have had anything to worry about. Garrett has a long reputation of doing what ever it takes to take care of their customers and there is no sign that is changing now. I pre-ordered a AT PRO because I have had such good experiences with Garrett customer service in the past and have read many posts from other folks who have all had good experiences too.

Also my AT PRO did have an issue. I contacted Garrett to ask if the behavior I was seeing with my AT PRO was normal or expected behavior and they asked if they could send UPS to pick it up and take it back to them for examination at their cost. I just heard that their senior tech looked at it and determined that it did have an issue and they are replacing it with a brand new one shipped to me at no cost to me.

So once again Garrett has showed that it stands behind its detectors and will make things right if you get one that has an issue. So you and anyone else who reads this shouldn't have any concerns about buying an AT PRO. Most of them seem to work fine and like any new machine there will be a few that have issues but Garrett will make things right if you do happen to get one that isn't up to snuff just like they always have done in the past.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think the OP of this thread posted a similar topic about Tesoro on another forum as his first post there as well. I smell a troll...
[/quote]

The OP just joined the forum and has made only one post - just look by his name in the first post of this thread. Please check your facts before you start accusing folks of things you can't prove and that don't seem to be true.
[/quote]

You talking to me?
And by proof do you mean like this?
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1377362

Same guy.
First post both forums.
Both trolling threads.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Steve, that sounds like great service from Garrett for sure. What was the problem your machine was sent in for?

I DO NOT have an AT Pro (yet) but I have been following all the forums closely since it's release, I really like the majority of the reviews coming in and it may just be the next addition to the arsenal. I really like the idea of having a waterproof detector in this price range, nothing bugs me more than to finally find time to detect and then have the rain chase me off on a warm summer day. BUT....I am not one to jump on the wagon as soon as a product is released (any product), I am a very patient shopper (my family says I'm just cheap).

I am concerned about the false signal issue, I faced that problem with my DFX and it ended up getting a trip to Sweet Home. Can't say enough good things about White's service, she came back almost re-built. Since watching the videos on the AT Pro I have fired up the DFX, the Silver Umax and the F75 LTD to check the commonality of this issue, none of my machines will make a sound when I twist or shake the coil. And yes, I did that all outside away from my home in an area I have detected for the last few years to make sure EMI was removed from the test.

Keep the reports coming guys....I know I'm gonna own my first Garrett sometime soon!!

Dave

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DKinPA said:
Steve, that sounds like great service from Garrett for sure. What was the problem your machine was sent in for?

I DO NOT have an AT Pro (yet) but I have been following all the forums closely since it's release, I really like the majority of the reviews coming in and it may just be the next addition to the arsenal. I really like the idea of having a waterproof detector in this price range, nothing bugs me more than to finally find time to detect and then have the rain chase me off on a warm summer day. BUT....I am not one to jump on the wagon as soon as a product is released (any product), I am a very patient shopper (my family says I'm just cheap).

I am concerned about the false signal issue, I faced that problem with my DFX and it ended up getting a trip to Sweet Home. Can't say enough good things about White's service, she came back almost re-built. Since watching the videos on the AT Pro I have fired up the DFX, the Silver Umax and the F75 LTD to check the commonality of this issue, none of my machines will make a sound when I twist or shake the coil. And yes, I did that all outside away from my home in an area I have detected for the last few years to make sure EMI was removed from the test.

Keep the reports coming guys....I know I'm gonna own my first Garrett sometime soon!!

Dave

Hey Dave - heading out to detect the ocean beaches with my DFX so this will have to be quick - The basic issue was that when I rested the AT PRO coil on the sand at the beach while digging a target with the other hand, it would start falsing like crazy just from being very slightly rocked back and forth while I was digging. It would also false from very slight touches to the sand surface. None of this was from physical shock it seemed to me like an electrical grounding issue. I emailed Brad at Garrett with a somewhat long winded and carefully worded description of just what the machine was doing and he sent UPS to pick it up.

The machine ground balanced and hunted fine, just went nuts touching the sand surface. We have 2 feet of snow so I haven't really been able to see what it did on normal dirt. In anycase they are shipping me a brand new one after testing my old unit.

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY
SteveP,
I am glad that Garrett is standing by their great customer service and you are getting a new detector ...... I'm seeing that a there are many folks who do not have problems with their machines , and it's hard for them to understand that some of us do .... Those of us with issues on other forums have been labeled "Chronic Whiners ", in which I merely take it from where it comes ...... Again, I am glad that you got your problems resolved and I'm equally happy that Garrett has taken responsibilty and has done the right thing by you ....Good for you, and good for them !!...Jim

kwdstalker

Jun 11, 2008
edgar nebraska
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
synthnut said:
SteveP,
I am glad that Garrett is standing by their great customer service and you are getting a new detector ...... I'm seeing that a there are many folks who do not have problems with their machines , and it's hard for them to understand that some of us do .... Those of us with issues on other forums have been labeled "Chronic Whiners ", in which I merely take it from where it comes ...... Again, I am glad that you got your problems resolved and I'm equally happy that Garrett has taken responsibilty and has done the right thing by you ....Good for you, and good for them !!...Jim
SEND YOURS IN OR EVEN COIL STOP CRYING AND DOING NOTHING

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
If you really try hard enough you can find fault with most anything. Some people seem to look at the negative side of everything. It has been my experience that the At Pro works as advertised and then some. I have found a few minor things and took care of them myself. I do not need someone to fix every little thing that is perceived to be wrong. I either take care of it or live with it. Life isn't easy.

Jerry

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
kwdstalker said:
synthnut said:
SteveP,
SEND YOURS IN OR EVEN COIL STOP CRYING AND DOING NOTHING

i agree..whinning won't fix anything

OP
OP
Tabnabber

Tabnabber

Jan 9, 2011
RW by making the statement Can Tesoro's Beep And Dig Technology Survive In The Future? Was not meant to cut down or bash Tesoro. What was meant was that most other companies are adding more and more bells and whistles which add cost to the unit. By keeping their models pretty much the same and not trying to come out with a new model every year may keep them competitive in the future.
As for their website being out dated and not aggressive in their advertisement they don't have any company videos demonstrating their models as other companies do.
Tersoro has emailed me informing me that they are planning some videos in the near future but has no set date for their release.

Insoc

Greenie
Jan 4, 2011
Florida
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tabnabber said:
RW by making the statement Can Tesoro's Beep And Dig Technology Survive In The Future? Was not meant to cut down or bash Tesoro. What was meant was that most other companies are adding more and more bells and whistles which add cost to the unit. By keeping their models pretty much the same and not trying to come out with a new model every year may keep them competitive in the future.
As for their website being out dated and not aggressive in their advertisement they don't have any company videos demonstrating their models as other companies do.
Tersoro has emailed me informing me that they are planning some videos in the near future but has no set date for their release.

If it takes them over a year to fix customers detectors, then I'm sure the website is low on the priority list. The PDF catalog listed on their site is from 2007.

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
I really don't see the headphones as a problem,it is a little tricky to connect,but why not just leave them connected once you get them connected? I leave mine connected and hang my headphones on the handle when I'm finished,not a big deal. :dontknow: As far as the slop,a piece of tape will fix that,and as far as the coil,mine makes noise in the air but I plan on finding stuff in the ground, in the field it works like it should. :icon_thumleft: I have found some nice find already. I love my AT Pro!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread