What's new

Holy Freakin Cladsville Miss Liberty !!

Bigpoppa

Full Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
125
Reaction score
146
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a strange day....

I decided to try a different stretch today to hunt and then wait and see what happens with this monster wind storm they are predicting tomorrow..

The day started off really pitiful as I gridded high, low, mid, on top and at the waters edge...After about an hour I had maybe 4 coins, 6 bottlecaps and a sinker...
So I decided since it was so nice out to take a long walk to a completely different area that I hadn't been to in quite awhile...

As I'm walking the entire stretch I'm getting nada...no signals at all and I was getting a bit disappointed, but I continued on to my intended spot..
Just before I reach the new spot I want to grid, I find a wash out from Sandy and you can see where they had been working at some point there..
So I find a green nickel near the surface, then a quarter and then out of the sand comes a big surprise..A Walking Liberty Half Dollar...I mean as soon as I saw the big gray beauty I knew immediately it was something great..Woo Hoo !!!
Nothing like a burst of motivation....
So I grid the small area about 3-4 passes and nothing else, but ring tabs and aluminum .Ohhh well have to move on.
..
I keep swinging as I'm walking and a few coins here and there, but nothing great...As I start my journey somewhat back I head way up top and next thing you know it's coin, coin, coin...So I start doing long passes and in each pass I'm getting multiple coins...My habit is if I get coins in a pass well I turn and go back the other direction until it stops...Well it didn't stop for the next few hours...I was still digging coins even as I was ready to leave, but enough was enough for one day, so I'll be back eventually to finish the rest of the area..
I must have found a minimium of 15 coins by sight, before the detector even hit them, that were just wind exposed..

What an incredible hunt it turned out to be even though once again I couldn't find a ring or piece of jewelry even by accident with all those zillion targets :notworthy:

Beautiful day...Great workout..More for the clad pile...

Good Luck & Happy Hunting !!

Will be back after the storm passes !!!

TOTALS FOR THE DAY:

$9.13 In Clad...whole slew of greenies and copper pennies, but no wheats

1- 1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar

1- Decimated Hot Wheels

A small pile of rough & tumbled sinkers for my huge collection

More Metallic Human Waste for the trash heap

dec74629-950b-4138-91ef-00ca87c61c05.jpg


ba379ee7-f7c7-4c5e-bf1a-62e6ae5589a9.jpg



3-5-133.jpg


3-5-132.jpg


267dd457-767c-4bfb-a53b-dbe7c14037f8.jpg
 
Upvote 0
To think, detectorists have been missing that Walker for 70 years or so. Congrats.
 
Awesome. I love those days. Looking forward for this storm to really bring out the good stuff
 
Thats the way to do it! clean it out!
I was expecting to see Napoleon.

But Miss Liberty is nice, real nice
shape for being buried all these years.
 
great find, love that
 
Congrats on the walker!
 
Love the Half, Now your rock'en.....Shovel Time!!
 
Keep diggin' the good signals. You are close to great finds!
 
Simply amazing..... you almost needed a Cladesdale to haul out the coins.
 
WOW, Bigpoppa! That is some haul!!:notworthy:

That walking half is a beautiful find.....and is great condition!

You had a terrific day of detecting...keep at it!

Lorraine
 
BP, with all that clad, you could probably purchase another walker. Congrats!
 
Great job Big Poppa.

It's days like you just had that inspire us all to go out and do it again and again.
Always trying to have a repeat of that good day.

In fishing it is like catching a noteworthy fish.
In golfing it is like making a great shot.
In poker it is like getting great cards all night.

Happy hunting and may the gold gods be with you on your next hunt.
 
Looks like a fun day,congrats on that Walker!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom