What's new

Home made dredge cart ?

matrix master DBA

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
367
Reaction score
114
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was thinking about making a small cart to carry my 2 inch dredge. Just wanted to see some of your pictures or ideas on making one.
 
If you get responses, look for the one option you shouldn't be without.........BRAKES !!!
:icon_thumright:
Bob
 
I had made another cart up over the winter. Matter fact just got done painting it.
Sometimes my projects just seem to go in slowmo. But here is a picture of it. Brakes are a must if the terrain is less than flat.
I use these to haul the heavies (Motors, pumps, winches...). :tongue3:
IMG_1940.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1940.webp
    IMG_1940.webp
    84 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
GH fab job rocks,as usual, and see the brakes too!!. The outside bar over the wheels is a great stability edition as really makes the frame much more rigid and helps keep brush outta them spokes. All you have to figure out is the center of gravity on whatever your hauling and good to go for many pain free miles-cool tool-John
 
Thanks for all the ideas..... That is one nice looking cart by gravel hog. Nice.....
 
looks nice gravelhog .I need to make one , a little larger . like the brakes
 
Instead of building a cart I just added easily removable wheels to my 4" dredge.
Pull 3 hitch pins and all the wheels are off...... or leave em on if the water is deep enough.
(to enlarge just double click the photos)

dow1.webp dow3.webp




Showing the gold and diamond fluid bed "add a trap" that I made.
No gold gets past the trap :icon_thumleft:
dow2.webp


My brother (the one with the hat) did the welding of the brackets and frame mods.
dow4.webp
 
Last edited:
Goodyguy that is a neat setup,one of the best I have seen! Wes
 
sure like to see that dredge using a 3 inch SN and getting good gold! hint hint!:)

The 3" nozzle I got from you was for my highbanking fluid bed contraption. My 4" dredge uses a jetlog so no suction nozzle.



Here is the contraption that I needed the 3" suction nozzle for ........
fbc1.webpfbc2.webp






GG~
 
Last edited:
Buddy it seems that you have a endless supply of aluminium laying around at your disposal.:) nice looking!
 
Buddy it seems that you have a endless supply of aluminium laying around at your disposal.:) nice looking!

Thanks Russ,

I buy aluminum drop from a local fabricator for the going rate of scrap :icon_thumleft:
Wish they had more available.

GG~
 
I think I've seen that on American chopper,
looks great Buddy good luck with it.
 
buddy i like the simplicity of the devices you use for your "trailer"! you used the KISS method for sure!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom