What's new

Hoof Pick??

marbles57

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
NW Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA1000 & Garrett Ace 350
I have found several of these along an old military road that runs thru NW OKLA. I saw one recently on here or somewhere else and if memory(the one thing they say that goes 1st) serves me it was identified as a hoof pick. I am wanting to confirm that this is indeed a pick. I always thought they were just scraps from a blacksmith, so needless to say the others may be in some of my junk finds. I found this one on my last trip along the road. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • hoof pick.webp
    hoof pick.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 274
  • hoof pick.webp
    hoof pick.webp
    25.3 KB · Views: 242
I beleive it is a wagon part,but Quindy said on here that supposedly they did see use as a hoof pick as well? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-Net Marbles.

I'm not sure on your item but post some dimensions. That should help others who will be along. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
The strap is 1/2", it is 2" wide, and 2" long.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks kuger for the refreshing of my memory. In reading the forum posts it looks like a lot of guys did the same thing to theirs as I did to mine...toss it in the junk pile. Will know better the next time. There is one place on this road that the wagons had to "bump" over a small rock outcrop and the area is covered in square nails that were shook out on the bump.

Thank You diggin for the welcome.

I would say that my best find this year so far has been the finding of this site.
 
Upvote 0
Yes,and Welcome!!!
The best find is a good site,that keeps giving,remember a site is seldom cleaned out!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom