What's new

Hopewell!

badandy

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
802
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Collinsville, IL.
Hey all,
Here is one I found yesterday in IL. I don't know what the material is, but I'm pretty sure it's Hopewell. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!
badandy
 

Attachments

  • P1240361.webp
    P1240361.webp
    19.8 KB · Views: 412
  • P1240362.webp
    P1240362.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 411
Upvote 0
Man You're Killing Me!!!

I am hopefully going the weekend weather permitting....maybe I will have a picture or two by next week.


Happy Huntin'

Atlantis
 
Nice you are doing well in the cold! I went out this evening to check my two best local spots and they are both still covered with snow. Oh well I will have to wait a little longer I guess.

Alan
 
Dang andy that's a beauty,
Let me know what's going down this weekend.

keep your eyes on the ground

xstevenx
 
You're killing me too, Andy. ::) Dang, that a beauty. :o

;) RR
 
Andy that is sweet!! water not frozen there? That looks like a pretty clear stream.

Dave
 
Awesome point, I think your right about it being a hopewell. I see you find alot of nice points in that waterway. I have a favorite stream but its usually flooded or to deep to look untill late spring - early summer when finally the water will go down. Then there is about two months of good looking before the stones get a green slime on them. You cant go by colors and you have to look for shapes. I know most of my favorite points have come from this stream. I find more whole points than broken points in water.
 
Nice point. I remember going to some really nice artifact shows in Missouri and Il. So even if I couldn't hunt, which was fairly rare in missouri, I could still get my fix at a show.

Good luck, I miss the point hunting!
 
oh my... persistant. If I wanted to go creek hunting right now I would first have to shovel the snow off and then drill holes in the ice to take a peek-
 
Thanks for the replies everyone! I will most likely find out the material this weekend, and if I do I'll let you all know.
badandy
 
WOW! Great find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom