tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked this vintage H-I bamboo pole up. The info I find says the poles that had a trout decal were made before 1929. With this rod manfacture I find two types of trout decals. The pole looks to be made of materials and in the style I would think would be used later then 1930 especially in the handle as it uses plastics and the twist lock is made of cross hatch turned aluminum and this leads me to think the rod is from the 40's into the 50's. I would also like opinions on the type anglering this pole was designed for as it's to short for a fly rod. The bamboo stick is only 50 inches long and it's a two piece breakdown rod. The name of the rod by the mfg. is writtin in cursive on it in white letters and I believe it says Conqueror, but I find no referance to a model given that name.

I want to find a proper period reel with line and a vintage lure to make a display piece of it. The rod is in wonderful shape and I just want to look for some vintage correct type and period accessories in fine shape to add to it.

Thanks! Tamrock

Attachments

• rod 1.jpg
    rod 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 476
  • rod 2.jpg
    rod 2.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 336
  • rod 3.jpg
    rod 3.jpg
    868.5 KB · Views: 294
  • rod 4.jpg
    rod 4.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 228
  • rod 5.jpg
    rod 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 281
No info on it .But that is sweet I am an avid fisherman so that is very cool to me.

Upvote 0
Nice looking Rod. The rod looks like it's made from split cane and the heavy ferrules and screw down real seat suggest a light boat rod for sea fishing, 40's -50's would be my guess for date, but a nice rod.

Edit...I believe they made a double built bait casting rod called the Conqueror. The also made a fly rod with that name, but this is clearly not a fly rod.

SS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My thoughts are as yours SS. Now I need to find an old baitcasting reel to add to it. It looks as I have many options on those and some I see are in almost never used condition. Just need to find a great deal on one. Thank you gentlemen!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back