What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Horse tack or something else

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Found this in old homestead. The rivets are hollow through them and short. At first thought was some part of early car. But all my searches suggest heart or triangle buckle/strap junction. I need to clean it a lot more down to bare metal that might reveal more possibly. Didn't want to waste my time if it was not something interesting
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2948.webp
    IMG_2948.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2947.webp
    IMG_2947.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 95
I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like the horse tack I'm used to seeing. (That doesn't mean it isn't -- I'm not that knowledgeable about such things.). Rivets and raised edges look like they'd cause irritation or injury, unless there was more to it that is now missing.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe it held something in the three bent points and this is just the frame that attached with rivets to something
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking the three tabs would be facing down
1768509331083.webp
 

Attachments

  • 1768509226557.webp
    1768509226557.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0
Interesting finds!
 
Upvote 0
Someone I k ow said it could be an old calk for traction
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom