What's new

✅ SOLVED Horse tack or something else?

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
Found this 5 sided what appears to be brass ring. Looks like it broke off something . Maybe it’s horse tack or part of something else. I didn’t think it would be tool related and not be stronger material.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2966.webp
    IMG_2966.webp
    948.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2967.webp
    IMG_2967.webp
    576 KB · Views: 96
Looks like a reigns guide that's been extra well used. I think the 5 "sides" are just from where straps wore it down over time. I've found a few that will have one spot where the reigns have flattened the circle, I've never seen 5 flat spots though.
 
Upvote 2
Looks like a reigns guide that's been extra well used. I think the 5 "sides" are just from where straps wore it down over time. I've found a few that will have one spot where the reigns have flattened the circle, I've never seen 5 flat spots though.
Ok will go with that, I kept thinking they were deliberate know wonder I couldn’t find anything. This is a new permission near work so I hope more things come
 
Upvote 2
I’m certain that Hbot37 is correct. I have a few with 3 individual wear points.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom