Hot Streak, and Hello!

Sep 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all, new member to the forum here... After having a pretty slow start to the season due to being busy with work, I have found myself with some time to spare and have been hitting it really hard in the last couple of weeks. Living in a very historic area, and having a few new permissions open up has led to some killer finds...

Pictured here is some recent coinage, including a number of large cents including a very pretty 1798 LC, some silvers including a very nice 1875 Carson City Seated dime... and my first piece of Spanish Silver, an 1808 2 Reale.

For relics, I've included two finds from this week - a pair of early 19th C. Federal Eagle cufflinks, an 1864 Lincoln campaign pin (90% sure it's not the McClellan).... and also a very nice engraved colonial Tombac, and a later 19th C fancy decorative button.

Gonna be hitting it hard from now until the end of October - keep you all posted... My new spots just keep producing - super exciting. Cheers, thanks for looking.... CNE

cne-3.jpgcne-4.jpgcne-5.jpgcne-6.jpgcne-7.jpgcne-8.jpgcne.jpg

Attachments

• cne-2.jpg
    cne-2.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 1
Hi and welcome to the forum, You have a great collection there. I would be thrilled to have such finds......GRiley

Nice coin! You give me inspiration in finding the same when I get back to Cape Cod.I have been living in Thailand for a few years and it sucks for trying to find anything over here with a metal detector.They only allow you to use MD on private land and then you have to be careful what with being a foreigner and all. I miss flea mkt's and yard sales also. I plan on mayby buying a A Pro Garret, I use to have a 5000 White MD back in the day and it was a good one.
Good Hunting! Kuon john

Welcome to T-net and congrats on some great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back