What's new

Hotspot in the Park Gives Up A Merc

46Wheat

Silver Member
Joined
May 23, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
3,357
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son had to play in the band at graduation today so I had a couple hrs to burn while waiting for him . Went back to the little hotspot in the park I found on Thursday. Pulled 7 wheats , 1.44 in clad ,a key ,a musket ball and a beautiful 1943 Merc . I can't wait till we get some rain . I have been running a very tight trashy park pattern on my ETrac and only digging the real obvious coin tones. I know there is more silver hiding under the junk I just need a little rain . I don't want to be digging alot of holes on iffy targets when it's this dry .
 

Attachments

  • 1466894822510.webp
    1466894822510.webp
    91.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1466894838310.webp
    1466894838310.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 1466894856636.webp
    1466894856636.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 1466894874840.webp
    1466894874840.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 14
Nice score on the silver. Do you use Bill's trashy park program? I use it exclusively when I am dirt fishing in the spring and fall and winter. Hasn't failed me yet.
 
It's been too long since I dug a merc. that's awesome! Those dirty wheaties are always nice xD
 
Nice score on the silver. Do you use Bill's trashy park program? I use it exclusively when I am dirt fishing in the spring and fall and winter. Hasn't failed me yet.

I use Bills basic program . I just open it up a little on the bottom half and 2 notches back on the 12 line
 
Nice old coin finds!

Yes, the dry soil is putting digging on private property (groomed lawns) on hold! We are looking forward to a bit of rain!
 
Now...that's the way to do it! Good hunt!
 
Love those Mercs,,
If I'm not hunting in the water during the dry spells, I'm finding some areas in the woods that have some moisture in the soil.
Congrats on the silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom