What's new

Housing plots ?

Neshannock Jim

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2022
Messages
37
Reaction score
48
Golden Thread
0
I found a map of my area that details the plots given to Revolutionary War Soldiers in 1786.
What office would I go to to find more detail on these plots like house and out building placements ?
 
tn_metal_detector.gif
It might be easier if you provide the state in question. I did a search and here is one for Virginia: August 20th, 1786 - Virginia Governor Patrick Henry Grants Land to a Revolutionary War Veteran. If I knew the state - I could search on land grants in that state?
 
tn_metal_detector.gif
You can start here: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission - Pennsylvania State Archives - RG-17 - Records of the LAND OFFICE "...Patrons researching early land grants and who know the name of either the original warrantee or patentee may proceed directly to the warrant and patent indexes to find the volume, book, and page numbers on which the warrant, survey, and patent are recorded. In cases where such names are not known, but the location of the tract is known, patrons may wish to first examine any existing warrantee township maps..."
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom