How can you not recommend the notka makro simplex for the price

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First put your bias and loyalty away. Price and performance alone awesome deal, don’t compare to the higher end machines is not productive in this conversation. Unless there is some major problem for which I haven’t read any, oh you can update the software as well. So your main machine or backup, price, depth, separation nothing compares at this point, so go get ha one and save money until you think you need to buy higher end machine, keep giving us feedback only way to let us no your experience

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy!! its made in Turkey... :cussing:

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, how about Australia or wherever for minelab etc,

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK..... I dont feel like Im buy foreign junk when I buy from Minelab...:dontknow:....

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like funny, it’s good for the soul.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own one but have watched a few videos that were decent. It did not perform as well as my ORX in one video I saw but it did impressively well for a machine that cost 1/2 the price and is waterproof! If you absolutely didn't require a waterproof machine I think there are some entry level machines that are still worth looking at. The Vanquish is really interesting and I'm curious to see more on it.

But yes at $250 dollars that impressive. I would like to see them lower the price on the Racer2 & Impact

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is whites or Garrett junk to r just for little kids

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I own the Simplex and it’s not a poorly made piece of junk. In fact it’s a robust, very well made detector. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the Nox or Deus but it’s still a great little detector in and of itself.
The fact that it can compete, on some levels, with detectors costing 2 to 5 times its price point is very relevant and should be considered as well.
The Simplex is no “magic lamp” but it deserves respect as well as the company that designed and created it.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sick UM RustyGold !!!!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...I already have two machines. The problem I see is 1) both work well and 2) for the love of life I can't figure out how to swing both at the same time, so there is no room in the inn for a third machine!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was thinking of buying one to keep in the car, just in case! :tongue3:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am theoretically looking at a machine in 2020, not to replace anything, but I have known for awhile that sometimes switching manufacturers and going back to the same site with some other manufacturers' machine will get stuff another machine missed. However, that being said, it only works if you are really really really really really hard headed and persistent. Freezing and thawing, downpours, gulley washers, groundhogs, ATV's going through a field all can make a difference whether you get a goodie or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread