Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You DOG!!!!, It's 38 and snowing here on Long Island, looks like we got an ice storm coming tonight and tomorrow, good luck out there let us know what you find!!

C

Charles,Oak Island

No hunting today except for barnicales. It's a work day. I have one of those bad jobs. Work on the water 2 or 3 days a week. Gues I should say under the water. But it gives a retired guy something to do. Cold water keeps you young at heart.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Still sounds better then being stuck in this office!!, besides you never know what you might spot on the bottom, I would have trouble not looking down all the time!!

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Hmmm, u guys must like this post cause i have 43 replys now, well thanks for replin

C

Charles,Oak Island

NO snow on the ICW today at 70 degrees Water temp 54 degrees which is a lot warmer than where most of you guys are.

Attachments

• ICW2a.jpg
    ICW2a.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 177

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Was 31 this morning-1" ice everywhere.Took near 30 min. just to get in the car to go to work. Temp. dropping supposed to be 4 by morn.

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 degrees now headed for -3 tonight on the frozen tundra of west central Minnesota.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
hey, kenb, now is 19. looks like a 60 degree break for the weekend. Then more rain 1st part of next week. Freaky weather-can't decide between beach hunting or hunting for heat.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We actually got snow here in our So. Ca. mountains from this last storm - up to 10" in places that might normally see 2-3" all winter. Gets cold at night 30's, but is nice during the day at low 60's.
BTW, since it seems most of you live in the colder climes, I have a question that youmight or might not be able to answer. Since it is a known fact that when there is more detectible depth when the ground is wet (ie: after a storm), how is depth affected by frozen ground? Not sure this can be answered since it seems like you can't dig it anyway to find out. 8)

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Coin,

I have broke two knife's tryng to dig frozen ground I don't do it anymore.

The best hunting happens when the snow starts to melt and the ground is digable.

I can't tell you why but thats when i seem to find most of the rings.

Onion

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Coinshooter, I'd argue the wet vs. ground depth question. Firstly, ground that is wet is expanded possibly putting more depth on the target and not necessarily letting you read it any better. Water content and mineral content would mix to add conductivity to the ground itself, not the target. This means GB is offset and that could be either positive or negative.

I have found deep targets in frozen ground that read clearly and could not locate them in the spring when the ground was still wet but not frozen. I've also found that my deepest targets came out of dry ground and I've hunted during those near-biblical downpours before! I do think there is a wider field effect from wet ground that possibly interferes with target separation and this affects the number of targets dug that would not false in dry ground.

C

Charles,Oak Island

Only got to 70 degrees today and the only treasure I found was this Ladies boat.

Attachments

• treasure2.jpg
    treasure2.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 124

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread