Out With The California Mini (on such a cold winter's day)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
It's never too cold, to go and dig gold I have often said. I took out the California Mini (on such a cold winter's day) with below freezing temperatures. I ran the unit non-stop for 2 1/2 hours, as I was afraid that if I shut the water flow off, my riffles would freeze up and my electric pump wouldn't start again. So, after I fired my last shovel into the highbanker, I quickly removed the sluice and ran the concentrates into a waiting container. It worked flawlessly.😁
oct26.JPG

oct26a.JPG

oct26b.JPG

oct26c.JPG

oct26c1.jpg
oct26e.JPG

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Years back a few of my friends & I had a spot deep in a lime stone valley, and we visited once a year in February. It has a small creek running through it and blocked the wind BUT had a southern sun exposer for warmth! LOT's of slab bedrock and fine gold. This was our yearly get together location. It was fun while it lasted for us ! John I'm glad to see your out there getting your stuff ! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Years back a few of my friends & I had a spot deep in a lime stone valley, and we visited once a year in February. It has a small creek running through it and blocked the wind BUT had a southern sun exposer for warmth! LOT's of slab bedrock and fine gold. This was our yearly get together location. It was fun while it lasted for us ! John I'm glad to see your out there getting your stuff ! :icon_thumleft:
My family Doc said he wants me to "work out" more, so even at my age, I figured prospecting was a good fit. So..........the shovel keeps penitrating the gravel to stay in shape and pay me a small gift of gold.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Yep my wife and my Doctor say the same thing to my and at my age (77 VERY SOON ) and at my beat up ole body I only have a few hours in the day to get what need's to be done , done and IF I have anything left in me then I try it out for awhile ! Remember , life is short !

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's never too cold, to go and dig gold I have often said. I took out the California Mini (on such a cold winter's day) with below freezing temperatures. I ran the unit non-stop for 2 1/2 hours, as I was afraid that if I shut the water flow off, my riffles would freeze up and my electric pump wouldn't start again. So, after I fired my last shovel into the highbanker, I quickly removed the sluice and ran the concentrates into a waiting container. It worked flawlessly.😁 View attachment 2111964
View attachment 2111965
View attachment 2111966
View attachment 2111967
View attachment 2111968 View attachment 2111969
Gold fever!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread