How Do I Change Avatars???? HELP!

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
I am fixing to do a change to my forum name and Avatar, I feel it is time for something fresh and new, and not so cheesy, problem is, I cant seem to get my Avatar changed. I have been in my profile section and uploaded a new avatar, but it just wont seem to change pictures and I am getting really sick and tired of staring at that little blue sea captain who has an obssession for crunchy stuff, it's time the old bird retires. Please help!!

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to your profile (Charter Members are under "My Stuff", not sure about others).

Click on "profile" It should come up with a page that you can edit.

If you want to use one of Tnet's avatars, click on "Select Avatar", choose one, then you go to the bottom of the page and click "change profile"

If you want to use one of your own pictures, click on either "I have my own pic" (if you have one on a website) or, click on "I will upload my own picture", if you have one that is on your own computer.

If you have one on a website, put in the http address.
If you want to put one of your own on, click on "Browse", find the picture, click "open" (on your pic file), and it will put it in the little box next
to the word "browse".

If that's all you want to do, then go to the bottom and click "change profile". You always have to do that to change anything.

There are other things you can change there, also - the kind of detector you use - whatever - you will see things you can add, subtract and edit.

Just remember to click "change profile" if you want to save anything you have changed.

Hope that I didn't make it sound too confusing.

Beth

OP
OP
Eric Willoughby

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Thank you. I originally did all of that, and it didnt seem to change out, until I came back later. I guess the system got hung up for a bit before it changed. Thank you for your help.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eric Willoughby said:
Thank you. I originally did all of that, and it didnt seem to change out, until I came back later. I guess the system got hung up for a bit before it changed. Thank you for your help.

I think you would have found that if you had logged out, then back in your avatar would have changed. You were using the old cookies when you didn't log out and back in.

When I work on my profile, I use two exployer windows, one to work on my profile, and one to test the changes, the second one I log in and out with as I check the changes.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread