BigBadJohn

Greenie
Mar 31, 2013
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found a small glass jar while I was out metal detecting. It's nothing fancy but a pretty cool design so I thought I'd try to clean it up and use it for something. I was able to get it clean but it still has a foggy film on it so the glass looks dirty. I was wondering what I could use to make it look new or at least newer.
Thanks in advance.

DINGER

Mar 9, 2011
central new york
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found a small glass jar while I was out metal detecting. It's nothing fancy but a pretty cool design so I thought I'd try to clean it up and use it for something. I was able to get it clean but it still has a foggy film on it so the glass looks dirty. I was wondering what I could use to make it look new or at least newer.
Thanks in advance.

Hi bigbadjohn.I will take a shot.This is how i do it,all my bottles are also dug.One large bottle of C.L.R calcium,lime rust remover, pair of rubber kitchen gloves,baby bottle cleaner for interior& old tooth brush for exterior.F ill bottle and let sit for about 5 min,repeat process if nessesary for heavy calcium deposit or film. (be careful dont get in eyes) I have even used on ACL bottles (applied color lable) with light rubbing with tooth brush.Works well. Please post picture of before & after if you will,im interested in results.hope this helps,if C L R isnt to dirty,, pour back in bottle & reuse.saves money

Kaleb71386

Dec 31, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350. Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dose the bottle have what they call sickness?

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glass that's been exposed to chemicals, often in the ground, for a long period of time. This makes the glass cloudy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions