What's new

Tombstone Pepsi bottle

mxdigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Richmond VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This bottle I found in a trash pile behind my house a few years ago. Most of the bottles in this pile were used for target practice or thrown up against an old junk car next to it by kids in the neighborhood. I wanted to clean up all that mess and while doing so I ran across several bottles that somewhat survived. There were pieces of several of the same bottles that didn't make it scattered about and in sorrow looking through the mess I found this one. It does have a few bb peck marks and a small place on the top where the cap went that you can see but it seems solid and not ready to fall apart. The peck marks are just small indentions in the glass but don't have any spider cracks.
I never ever sold anything I ever found, civil wat relics, Fossils, Indian artifacts, even bottles that I had collected over the years But now after losing most of my collections when my barn burned down I'm thinking I might want to sell the bottles I have left and an trying to figure out the best way to do it. I am interested in this particular bottles worth as it is probably the rarest of the lot.. I know it has lost some of it's value because of the damage but it's still a great example of something you don't find every day. I also know, like most of the things we search for it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0246.webp
    IMG_0246.webp
    170.5 KB · Views: 176
Congrats !!!! Sweet looking Pepsi !!!! You might want to look at eBay for selling, I have seen many damaged bottles sell on there. Good luck and keep your shovel dirty !
 
Congrats !!!! Sweet looking Pepsi !!!! You might want to look at eBay for selling, I have seen many damaged bottles sell on there. Good luck and keep your shovel dirty !
I've been looking for a while but I haven't seen any on there or other sites. I was on one group several months ago and one guy on there said it would be worth $500 to him even with the damage and to let him know if I wanted to sell it. Well about 15 minutes later the power went off and when it came back on 3 days later I tried to start my PC back up and it had crashed. With it, all my pictures and all my sites I had in my favorites. By the time I got another computer I couldn't remember what site it was. The story of my life. LOL
 
That's a bummer !! You might want to see if there is a VA bottle club. If none have been on eBay it might get a lot of traffic. Good luck !!! Still a cool Pepsi !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom