What's new

How far have they traveled?

onfire

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
1,336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So many marks one box I opened had small green dot. purple slash, p.o.w. on others, red slash, and black dots no edge marks. just interested if they sound familiar how far have they traveled. (upper midwest here) Halves
 
Upvote 0
onfire said:
So many marks one box I opened had small green dot. purple slash, p.o.w. on others, red slash, and black dots no edge marks. just interested if they sound familiar how far have they traveled. (upper midwest here) Halves
Yeah, I get alota blacked ears, and some numbered ones, and saw some someone does what I used to do and draw line thru "we Trust", as well as just lots of diff slashes across Kennedy's face.
 
I find a few halves with a red sticker on them.

My understanding is they are from a bar or restaurant in Philadelphia that used them to promote themselves about 15 years ago.

I am several hundred miles south of Philadelphia.

Ive heard of these coins being found as far away as Florida and ans far west as Texas.
 
Thanks for the replies Just can t figure how stupid it is to mark these coins wht? does it mean if you see one of the ones you marked you don t look at the rest? guess too much time on there hands . get a life........
 
Call me crazy, but I personally do not like marked coins. I understand why some folks do it, and perhaps some day I will change my opinion. If I open a box of halves that have marked coins, I write across the face of a few coins, "Don't mark coins." When I get my own back (which I have not practiced what I preached), I will find another source. I want to find my own "skunk boxes," and not others.

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom