How it's like metal detecting in RU

SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I prefer to hunt on places abandoned long long time ago. It takes some time to get there and usually it's done on foot. 4-5 kms one way is ok for me 8-). I benefit twice: metal detecting and enjoying nature. I even bought a waterproof camera and used it to take pictures of beauty surrounding me until it broke.

How it's like metal detecting in Russia?

Let me share some pics of it:

Is metal detecting a bad addiction? I don't know... Sometimes it is. Lol

Last edited:
photo_camera.gif
Nice photographs SuchMuch! Thanks for sharing...

Beautiful country! Some call it an addiction, or maybe a lifestyle. Thanks for posting.

HH RN

Awsome country looks similar to the forrests of new england i would love to see some pics of you finds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

20170107_162044.jpg20161105_174955.jpg20161021_172246.jpg20160918_085713.jpg20160809_092127.jpg20160620_094432.jpg20151122_163444.jpg here are a few of north west connecticut i would love to travel to russia been a lifetime dream of mine thank for sharing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful country. So many untouched wilderness areas.

You're hardcore and probably a bit nuts -like me! :occasion14:

Nice pix. There's been md'rs from Russia chiming in here before. A lot of of them are way into WWII relics, as I guess certain relics are collectible, valuable, etc... And other Russian md'rs have chimed in with coins that are many many hundreds of years old.

Nice pix. There's been md'rs from Russia chiming in here before. A lot of of them are way into WWII relics, as I guess certain relics are collectible, valuable, etc... And other Russian md'rs have chimed in with coins that are many many hundreds of years old.

You are right, there are 2 types of land detectorists: relic hunters and WW2 hunters

Beautiful country you got there. I could spend days in those woods. Would love to visit someday. Any wild boar or wolves hanging around?

Beautiful country you got there. I could spend days in those woods. Would love to visit someday. Any wild boar or wolves hanging around?

Lots of wild pigs. Wolfs, lynxes do exist. Lots of bears. I'm awared of bears mostly. When I'm out to forest, I have petards and hand flares.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back