how many banks do you go to?

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive been browsing the website here for few months and have gotten a lot of great info, thank you.

Ive been wanting to up my boxes per week, but i dont want to wear out my welcome and my pick off and drop off banks. So I plan on opening an account with at least 1 if not 2 more banks nearby.

Just wondering how many banks is in your normal routine? i know all banks and bank managers are different, but is it bad to pick up a lot from 1 bank? I have a buddy who works at a bank and he said it was something like 5 or 10 cents a roll they charge. Id imagine that could add up for banks that seem to be generous now, but may not be if you go there to often.

Upvote 0

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pick up at 6 banks weekly, dump at 30 to 55 banks (or branches of the banks) and credit unions per month.
I would love to up the number of boxes picked up at my two best produceing banks but I'm afraid I'll lose them all if I try.

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 pickups (8 boxes a week) and 1 dump bank (one of my pickups has a free coin counter I use also)

Good luck,

Jeff

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit 6 branches a week for pickups and 6 for dumps.. Under no circumstances do I ever visit the same branch more than once a week.. Even if I do some extra hunting..

OP
OP
theekman

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I visit 6 branches a week for pickups and 6 for dumps.. Under no circumstances do I ever visit the same branch more than once a week.. Even if I do some extra hunting..

Any reason you dont go to the same one more then once a week? i sometimes go to my favorite one which also happens to be the closest to my house 2 and a few times 3 times. The tellers are always really nice, and always tel me when i want to come in and they'll usually have a box or two.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
theekman said:
Any reason you dont go to the same one more then once a week? i sometimes go to my favorite one which also happens to be the closest to my house 2 and a few times 3 times. The tellers are always really nice, and always tel me when i want to come in and they'll usually have a box or two.

I stop into my closer branches more than once a week for banking and to keep good face with them, sometimes just stop into bring some treats, the tellers loooove treats! HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can certainly agree with what maverick said, but the reason I never visit a branch more than once a week is because I wish to uphold a great relationship with them.. I never want to become that dude who comes in many times a week asking for halves.. They already know what I am looking for and I try not to bother them more than needed.. Unless it is to give them some cupcakes :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions