What's new

How many boxes and bags do you search?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I was wondering how much in coin everyone on this board searches through a week? Anyone ever track that? Here is an average week without a road trip. Also wondered how many bank accounts you have.

Weekly Average:

6 boxes and $1000 in loose and hand rolled halves.
$250 hand and machine rolls of dimes.
$50 hand roll nickels.
3 bank accounts. (probably 4 by tomorrow as one of my source banks just asked if I had an account...grrr)

Average Weekly Coin Search: $4300

Maine_Jim
 
Upvote 0
I don't search half boxes... I do pick up hand rolled halves if they have them or spares sitting in teller's trays.

I go through about 2 boxes a week of nickels.
Over the course of a month I'll probably search 1 dime box and 1 cent box.

If I were to put a number to it I'd say I probably average about $300 a week.
 
There was an identical thread started not too long ago.
 
I'm back at college now so I'm not searching jack.

Over the summer though I started out small and worked my way up. Stated with pennies and like 2-4 boxes of halves a week for the first month. Then the second month I stopped pennies and just did halves and went up in boxes... the trend continued to the end of summer when I was searching 18 boxes a week.

The last month I also got into dimes and nickels.

So as an average over all of summer I would say that per week I averaged:

$50 in pennies
$200 in nickels (did a TON of these towards the end of summer)
$750 in dimes
$5,000 in halves

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
I'm back at college now so I'm not searching jack.

Over the summer though I started out small and worked my way up. Stated with pennies and like 2-4 boxes of halves a week for the first month. Then the second month I stopped pennies and just did halves and went up in boxes... the trend continued to the end of summer when I was searching 18 boxes a week.

The last month I also got into dimes and nickels.

So as an average over all of summer I would say that per week I averaged:

$50 in pennies
$200 in nickels (did a TON of these towards the end of summer)
$750 in dimes
$5,000 in halves

~Dave


So if you are ever wondering why banks want to charge fees................... :o

I do 3000 a week in halves. Thats enough to keep me busy with 2 young kids and a full time job.
 
I'm small potatoes compared to some people around here.

Wait till the big boys post their 40+ box weeks, lol.

Next summer I'll be up there I hope. =)

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
I'm small potatoes compared to some people around here.

Wait till the big boys post their 40+ box weeks, lol.

Next summer I'll be up there I hope. =)

~Dave



I guess I'm really small potatoes doing two boxes a week....I can't even imagine, or have the time to look through 40 boxes a week. It takes me an average of 30 minutes to look through one box (that's looking at each date to find any 87's), so that is at least 20 hours with 40 boxes!!!. Plus the time to get them and return them!!
No way....I'd have to see it to believe it.........

Joe
 
That 30 minutes goes down A LOT if you only edge search.

And the dumping goes fast if you can bring in bags and even if you just have good coin counter machines to use.

It helps if you get good banks that allow you to order 10-20+ boxes a week and are yucky about.

If you get the right setup... it CAN be done. =)

~Dave
 
XX said:
There was an identical thread started not too long ago.
And I will respond the same as last time. There has been a few newbies post this same question. This is information I don't post on the net for security reasons. Before you start posting how much cash and dumps you are carrying make sure you can't be tracked down by the information you give out. There has been more than one person on these sites robbed.....and some think it was because of giving out too much information. There is one other person on this site like me that loves to try and find where all you people live. If we can find it, the bad guys can too. Just sign me "searches anywhere from $1 to $100,000" per week.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:
 
BBcardsRI said:
That 30 minutes goes down A LOT if you only edge search.

And the dumping goes fast if you can bring in bags and even if you just have good coin counter machines to use.

It helps if you get good banks that allow you to order 10-20+ boxes a week and are yucky about.

If you get the right setup... it CAN be done. =)

~Dave


I think many of us check the dates, considering the amount of the 87's, magic coins, errors, etc. being found.
Dumping 10-20 boxes at a branch with a coin machine? I thought these machines held at most, $1000 in halves. SO the teller would have to keep replacing the bag. I think they would get annoyed.
Ordering 20+ boxes a week at any bank would be a red flag to start charging, like so many are doing now.
One guy on this forum said he was going through 60-70K a week in halves. Is that even possible??
What REALLY could be done?

Joe
 
My dump bank's machines only hold $100/bag in halfs. One branch has it set for $500, but they're too far away. Makes for a LOT of bags! Like today, when I dumped 2k at one branch.
As far as the tellers getting annoyed- too bad. That's part of their job.
 
BBcardsRI said:
I'm small potatoes compared to some people around here.

Wait till the big boys post their 40+ box weeks, lol.

Next summer I'll be up there I hope. =)

~Dave
Been there done that- like having a second full time job, take some of the fun out of it. I've toned down now.
HH all, Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom