How many detectors have you had ?

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried many different machines, but the Chinese GC1065 is the only commercial detector i have ever bought and owned, i have sold it in less than a year. The old heavy and cumbersome military MI-1M was another machine i bought to be counted among almost commercial ones. Sold that one too.
I have built over a hundret units of modified version of Marc Steuart eeTH, still using one as hobby detector.
I have built over a dozen of DBP2010 PI units, in my oppinione one of the beast PI machines ever, still using one, fits my needs very closely.
I have built a bit less than a dozen of Miner4 modified versions of PI machines, a tricky device, have none at a thime, but missing one more and more, so this will definitely be my next build.
Than comes a dozen of White's surf masters PI 1.2, sold all, but still have a PCB laying around somewhere, i will probably use it to build a small all tare-down stealth design for detecting in touchy places.
Than there are more than a dozen of my early BFOs, from the wery first one 3-transistor design to almost usefoul ETI561. Sold most of them, some are still laying around, not using any one.

Oh, i almost forget a dozen of various custom-taylored PIs, made upon required specs.

And there is a bunch of PIs I built or bought for evaluation purposes, such as ATiny, Felezjoo, Baracuda and many others.

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter IV
Fishers F22
Tesoro Vaquero
Equinox 600
Whites MX5
Whites V3i
XP ORX
Nokta Simplex
Deeptech Vista X
Quest X10

The ORX is still my favorite of the bunch.

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a Whites Classic SL, still sitting in my garage, not sure if its worth anything or if I should just give it away.

Just ordered an Equinox 600 last night. Will be here next week. I cannot wait!

So 2.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 (traded in)
AT PRO
AT MAX
GPX 4500
Tesoro Compadre
Equinox 800

erfranks

Mar 3, 2021
Cape Coral, Fl
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-2B
Minelab Equinox 800
White TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have Nautilus DMC IIb and Minelab Nox 800. But started off with Garrett 350, Then Whites XLT, Minelab Excalibur, White DFX and Whites V3i

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Three. First was a $100 BH Quicksilver, then after realizing how much I liked detecting I got a Garrett ACE 300 and I'm currently using a NM Simplex.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nautilus is on by bucket list to try out

FrostyMiner

Greenie
Jan 3, 2020
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro | Ground EFX MX100E | Minelab Pro-Find 15
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 metal detectors. I have a Ground EFX Swarm mx100e and a Fisher Gold Bug Pro.

Hopefully I will own more in the future. :occasion14:

brainpan

Greenie
Jun 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used a Teknetics 9000 for a decade, heavy as a tank. had to hip mount it, took 14 AA's, but it was a SCREAMING coin and ring unit! use siri voice generator

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thousands of dollars in detectors...

Thousands of hours detecting...

1000 pounds of garbage ...4 dollars in change... some tokens... and a fake ring to show for it :P

:)

Damn i feel rich from it all though :)

.... errrr...

Ok ok....

I did find some stuff not listed...

My pristine pull tab was the best.

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thousands of dollars in detectors...

Thousands of hours detecting...

1000 pounds of garbage ...4 dollars in change... some tokens... and a fake ring to show for it :P

:)

Damn i feel rich from it all though :)

.... errrr...

Ok ok....

I did find some stuff not listed...

My pristine pull tab was the best.

Awwww, you really need a deep seeking PI - the pile of garbage would be considerably larger, almost worth selling.

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm on my third. I started with a used tracker iv I got on craigslist for $40. I found some cool stuff with it, gold and silver. Even found the ring I proposed to my now fiance with. I used this machine for about 6 months.

Then a friend gave me his old ace 250 for Christmas 2019 because he had lost interest and it was taking up space in his closet. So this became my primary and my fiance took over the tracker iv as her machine. Found cool stuff with it too, the best being a 2ctw diamond and white gold engagement ring...that I also gave to my fiance.

A few weeks ago I finally got my upgrade to an equinox 600. I'm still in the learning curve but so far, it's amazing. Like going from an old beater to a new corvette.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awwww, you really need a deep seeking PI - the pile of garbage would be considerably larger, almost worth selling.

lol... Ummmm you must have not read my above "list"...

OR... you are not familiar with JW Pulse 8x's...

the pure definition of "deep seeking PI ". heh

(the post you commented on was an attempt at a joke)

Last edited:

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm newer to detecting.. I started with an Ace 250 and then got an AT Pro. Been using the Pro and just got a Nel Thunder coil for it.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 90s..

Minelab XT17000

Minelab SD2000

Minelab Sovereign XS2

Old Military detector ( for mines I think)

Fisher F5

Fisher F75

Really wanted the Equinox....almost pulled the trigger a few times...

But the reality of it is that I havent detected much in the last year and a half. And when I do I have my bases covered so no need for another detector.

But hey, I still like hanging out here and always enjoy seeing a new detector release.

Chub

monkeys uncle

Mar 26, 2014
Waxahachie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 440, E-Trac, Fisher F-Pulse pin-pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Started swinging in 2014ish with a used Bounty Hunter (~ $150). Traded up to a new Garrett AT Pro. (Decent machine). Traded up again to Minelab Etrac, and have stuck with it. Do want a 'backup' machine and am looking at ML Vanquish 540 or equal. HH!

(Do want a 'backup') - - suggestions welcome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had 4 for use, but I did buy others for pennies on the dollar to help fund the hobby by turning them for a meager profit.. I started with the el cheapo TC 1023 (bought new), it paid for itself in 60 days and gave me insight to some features I wanted, so I upgraded to a Fisher F4 (used) which had the features I desired. I hunted 6 months with it and then pulled the trigger on the F75LTD (used) because I wanted more depth and upgraded features. I did run into a deal on an XP Deus, used it on and off for a few months and then decided to keep the F75LTD since I knew it's language and decided I rather be great on one machine than so-so on 2. I really didn't see the need for all those extra settings offered by the Deus.

As you can see under my pic on the right I have 3 machines. One for fresh water (1280X), one loaner (F2) and my go to machine the F75LTD.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread