What's new

How many do you need to keep

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,019
Golden Thread
0
Well I’m starting to be more selective on these types of artifacts. I’ve found a few over the years. I am still looking for better examples for my frame and will trade the ugly ones out as I find better ones. I haven’t found any hard stone yet this year. On the table I have nutters, grinders, divot stones, Celt pieces, handheld small metates and some idk but show work and probably some anvils. In hand is my best net weight
Some Hoes in the frame to.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1948.webp
    IMG_1948.webp
    445.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1937.webp
    IMG_1937.webp
    379.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1950.webp
    IMG_1950.webp
    421.6 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 7
I know the softer abrasive stone like sandstone, schist and limestone were used to make "marbles". The Cherokee still make stone marbles to this day using the same method. I would bet they used them to round anything that needed it
Interesting I never would’ve guessed
 
Several items in your first pic appear to be preforms for celts or pendants. I keep everything that's been worked on.
Very well could be. All the hoes were found in the same area as the brown Celt
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom