How many here use a harness?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said I will never use a harness as big as I am I don't want to be seen having to use a "crutch" device. Last Saturday was a long day hunting in some rough terrain and I saw a fellow hunter using one of those harnesses and he was having no problem while im huffing and puffing acting like a 3 legged pack mule. I inquired about the device so I went against my original thought and bought one and I love it.
It makes the detector hover at the proper height, its weightless and it keeps my recovery bag pulled up which tends to pull my pants down and do the plumbers crack thing when I dig a target. So plusses all around.
Who else uses one and how do u like it?

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using harness for over 5 years. Why not use something that makes detecting easier and your not as sore after a 8-12 hour day at beach...

I wear a camelpac for water, I always have nice cold water with me, even when hunting in the water, my harness connects to my camelpac..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Detecting Buddy. Hard to beat for the $20 price tag.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the one I bought, the "B" model, instead of it wrapping around hour chest it goes over a shoulder and connects to your belt like suspenders. The fact you can adjust it to what height you want it to hover above the ground and adjust where you want it to hang from you is what makes me like it. I like to be able to swing it out of the way when I start to dig is what's important.

Get your facts first, then distort them as you please-Mark Twain

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread