What's new

How mintages affect finds (IHP)

lrgoodger

Full Member
Joined
May 2, 2023
Messages
175
Reaction score
1,584
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
Here are photos of my sorted 1890s and 1880s Indian Heads, found over 50 years of detecting. It should be easy by looking at the stacks to tell which are the hard ones to find. Lowest mintage in the 1890s? 1894 obviously. In the 1880s? 1885 is tough. I only found one and it is in my IHP folder.
1890s Indians.webp

1880s Indians.webp
 
Upvote 34
Very nice heap of indians!
I've only found one, and it's my oldest coin so far, 1889.
 
Here are photos of my sorted 1890s and 1880s Indian Heads, found over 50 years of detecting. It should be easy by looking at the stacks to tell which are the hard ones to find. Lowest mintage in the 1890s? 1894 obviously. In the 1880s? 1885 is tough. I only found one and it is in my IHP folder.
View attachment 2108648
View attachment 2108649
no 1877's I assume :dontknow: :'( Don't worry... me neither :dontknow: 🤣
 
I finally got around to sorting my 1900s IHPs. They follow mintages with corresponding low number of finds for the lower mintages, just like the other decades. Got 3 rolls of them stacked up here.
1900sIndians.webp


The 1904 underneath is silver plated. You can see the flat spot on the left side where it was attached to some piece of jewelry and broke off. It was almost brand new when it was plated.
 
Looks like you found most of the tribe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom