What's new

How often to hunt?

scavenger

Full Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
210
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how often to you got out and hit the banks, do you have a schedule? Seems to be a bit of competition in my area so I want to have the upper hand ;D. Is once a day overkill? I have 10 banks near my home that I can hit so driving distance isn't an issue, would every other day be more sensible or just once a week? I want to get the most out of it while I can before fishing weather gets here, and after my hand fully heals in another couple weeks I'll have to go back to work, so what say you?
 
Upvote 0
well here is my quick rundown. I started CRHing becuase I am retired at age 34. Well kinda retired I owned a sign and printing business untill Sept 2007, when I suffered a serious back injury. I sold my business and had surgery in march of 08. I then started to CRH very litely, about $30 week. In november of 08 i started full steam ahead. I make 2 trips a day to local banks. My routine is bring dumps in morning then pick-up about 6 boxes(pennies, nickels, dimes) sort them throughout the day and then make a dump run around 4 in the after noon. Then I would pick up 2 or 3 boxes for the evening. then repeat next day.

Now for the bad news, yesterday I suffered another back injury. Surgery seems to be in my near future. So there goes CRHing. :crybaby2:

So you guys wont be seeing to many post of my finds on here for a little while. I probaly get my wife to pick up a box here and there but that is about it for a while.

Jason
 
I usually go twice a week but I never hit the same bank more than once a week.

-Codes
 
I make rounds usually once a month or more...I keep about $2k moving in dimes and halves also, between 2 or 3 banks. Then i have to dump. I do that maybe once a week, because its a pain in the, and I don't feel as guilty that I'm spending to much time crhing, and not enough time doing more productive things like "metal detecting" LOL AMC
 
go see the banks once a week to start. Get to know the head teller and branch manager if possible. Leave your number. You may have to open accounts in all, but you can pull most of the money out right after you open them up. After they get to know you and know what you want, you way only have to go every other or third week just as a reminder. If they get coins in-between, they may call you. I have several banks that routinely call me weekly and tell me that people dropped off halves.
 
buffhunter said:
go see the banks once a week to start. Get to know the head teller and branch manager if possible. Leave your number. You may have to open accounts in all, but you can pull most of the money out right after you open them up. After they get to know you and know what you want, you way only have to go every other or third week just as a reminder. If they get coins in-between, they may call you. I have several banks that routinely call me weekly and tell me that people dropped off halves.

That's one hell of a good idea! I never thought of leaving my number to see if anything came by. I hate stopping at banks just to see if they have any boxes or halves. I met 4 tellers at 3 banks that remember me even if I don't stop by for a few weeks. Also a plus.



SNB, good luck with the surgery, hopefully a quick recovery and in the meantime, maybe some silver!
 
I just started but I just dumped of 2 boxes last week so I don't know how long it would take them to get some new ones. I guess I could try something different besides pennies
 
Every waking hour of every freakin day. When you are not coin roll hunting you are thinking about coin roll hunting. When you are sleeping your really are not sleeping you are stategizing, figuring out your next route of attack. Yes this is an addiction.

-Golden Silver
 
As for me, I hit up my banks 5 times a week, sometime more - sometimes less.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom