What's new

How old are you?

How old are you?

  • 20 or younger

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 26-30

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 31-35

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 36-40

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • 41-45

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • 46-50

    Votes: 6 9.4%
  • 51-55

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • 56-60

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • 61+

    Votes: 19 29.7%

  • Total voters
    64
I'm 65 and still work a full time job. That and metal detecting after work and on weekends keeps me going. My knees and back are bad but that doesn't stop me, it just makes me hunt slower and that's a good thing. When I do get down to dig a signal, I sweep the area as far as I can reach with the detector before I get back up!
 
I am 67/18, work full time produce. The average case I pick up is 40-60 lbs. all day everyday for 8 hours. I put 67/18 because the 18 year old kids that come to work can't do what we do everyday. Been through about two dozen of them in the last two years. They last a few days/weeks and they're gone for one reason or another, most just give up!.....Joe McDonough
 
Youngins represent!

I'm actually looking forward to joining the ranks of the older guys and retiring. This whole job thing is really getting in the way of my hobbies.
 
I'm 48 been at it for about 20 yrs on and off. I've got a 4 year old 5 year old 14 and 17 and 26 year old the four youngest love it .all girls to.
 
Well, this poll sums up why AARC's (or is it AARP) cell phone thread was so one-sided...bunch of old geezers. :laughing7: :occasion14:
 
I'm 48 got 5 girls 4,5,15,17 26 the four youngest love it the oldest rather be yard saling my nephew is 30 we go together a lot my brother is 52
 
Well, this poll sums up why AARC's (or is it AARP) cell phone thread was so one-sided...bunch of old geezers. :laughing7: :occasion14:
Watch it youngster, I'll run you down with my scooter----------------if I can remember how to turn it on. (76 yesterday):laughing7:
Gettin old ain't for wimps.:notworthy:
Geezervin
 
39 and have been detecting off and on since I was a kid. Bought my first "real" detector around. 97 and still use it today. So, I was pretty young when I got interested. I'm going to guess 14 or 15 had a radio shack or some other brand that just had a meter on it. I don't think it made a sound. Can't remember. The coil was hard plastic and ended up shattering, exposing the wire. :laughing7:

Wife enjoys it also and has been going, sometimes detects, and sometimes explores or whatever she does,:laughing7: About the same amount of time. She was the only one that would go exploring with me when we were young. The rest of my friends were into video games.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom