chukers
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 1, 2010
- Messages
- 1,824
- Reaction score
- 147
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Eastland Texas
- Detector(s) used
- Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Really?You like to find em?Man,you would love hunting with me!!!I hate em!!turtlefoot13 said:Here is a link to an article that gives good information about a lot of different shotgun shells, including yours. If you go down about 80%, you will see where the info on the United States Cartridge Company starts.
http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/nebland/articles/history/shotshells.asp
BTW - Congrats on the find! Shotgun brass are without a doubt, my favorite thing to find.
Doug


I have even checked gun shows, relic shows, outdoor flea markets etc. and don't find them for sale. I find a lot of empty boxes and a lot of single complete shells but no brass by themselves.turtlefoot13 said:Call me crazy, but I would rather find shotgun brass than coins, or anything else for that matter. Collecting headstamps is a hobby of mine. I'm not in the hobby to make money and I don't really collect coins, so finding coins isn't the thrill for me that it is for others.
In the past, I have found buttons, bullets and other small military related relics, which I enjoy but I still like my shotgun brass better.
I think I am just about the only one who like them though. Everyone seems to hate them and toss them.I have even checked gun shows, relic shows, outdoor flea markets etc. and don't find them for sale. I find a lot of empty boxes and a lot of single complete shells but no brass by themselves.
Doug
Chukers - Sorry, I am not trying to hijack your thread.