What's new

How old is this candel stick?

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid $2 for this at goodwill. Not exactly sure how old, but I do know it was married a while ago due to the lead oxidation. Also included, a $5 picture from my college (University of Michigan) from 1937 from salvation army

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5694.webp
    IMG_5694.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_5695.webp
    IMG_5695.webp
    26.8 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_5692.webp
    IMG_5692.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_5693.webp
    IMG_5693.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_5696.webp
    IMG_5696.webp
    11.1 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_5697.webp
    IMG_5697.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 372
goldencoin said:
Paid $2 for this at goodwill. Not exactly sure how old, but I do know it was married a while ago due to the lead oxidation. Also included, a $5 picture from my college (University of Michigan) from 1937 from salvation army

HH
-GC

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy that candle stick?
 
jerseyben said:
goldencoin said:
Paid $2 for this at goodwill. Not exactly sure how old, but I do know it was married a while ago due to the lead oxidation. Also included, a $5 picture from my college (University of Michigan) from 1937 from salvation army

HH
-GC

Just out of curiosity, why did you buy that candle stick?

I know it's old, pre-industrial revolution. The casting is crude and the lead is heavily oxidized. I know it is very old, but not quite sure as brass candle sticks were popular from 18-19 centuries. I'm interested in finding out from which century it is

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom