hi all I beleive this medal to be a oath medal for the Temperance Society or a group or church with the same objective. No Booze Lol Any ideas of age and from where
Jeff may have nailed it,however,I dug a stamp last year that was from my local Temperance society,and it is dated 1852.It is one of the oldest in the State.Quite an interesting Society
There are even 'Temperance' groups all around us each day...they go by many names beginning with Good Ole Mom...Minister...sis...
Hell...I was sitting on an empty restaurant patio, years back, having a beer and a smoke when a woman purposely chose a table next to me (out of maybe 20 tables)...sat in a chair as close as possible...and opened her mouth and began beeching about drinking and smoking...she was on a mission to make life as miserable as possible...a waiter, after hearing an earful of her spite, pointed to a smokers only sign...