SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What is your opinions ?

PLEASE REPLY !!!

Gare,

I have found Chigg to be very reliable on a number of varied topics. I think he highlights up front that you will very likely damage the coin the more you try and clean a copper coin beyond wooden tooth picking it. Is that a new picture - definitely a beautiful horse. Good luck with your trades. Walt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WG Thank you for your posting . I myself find Chigg to be factual and not influnced by major companies

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I feel the unsaid dialogue of the video was this...cleaning is fine..over cleaning is not.
Harshly 'cleaned' coins are not pretty to look at but bringing a buried crusty coin back to an acceptable visual level just makes it better for pics and posting and for your own personal display.
We all can say as detectorists we have learned by doing...we have saved some from the ground and we have made some better off left in the ground lol
It goes back to the skinned cat scenario....no one cares how it got skinned just that it is. So this journey shows his way of getting there.
The info presented shows us how to ruin a good coin more than how to save one and that is good advice to people who have coins that they would want to keep, show, and share.
There is a lesson for some in there.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the unsaid dialogue of the video was this...cleaning is fine..over cleaning is not.
Harshly 'cleaned' coins are not pretty to look at but bringing a buried crusty coin back to an acceptable visual level just makes it better for pics and posting and for your own personal display.
We all can say as detectorists we have learned by doing...we have saved some from the ground and we have made some better off left in the ground lol
It goes back to the skinned cat scenario....no one cares how it got skinned just that it is. So this journey shows his way of getting there.
The info presented shows us how to ruin a good coin more than how to save one and that is good advice to people who have coins that they would want to keep, show, and share.
There is a lesson for some in there.
Ironhorse Your posting also makes a lot of sense thanks

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually carry a small container of talc powder with me and use it to dry clean things in the field. I never use water.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hjave had JW (Black and whiter horser for 20 years. I bought him and they brough him up to Ohio from Kentucky for me. Thank you for your kind comments. I am very proud of him. I have taught him many tricks !!

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His registered name is John Waynes the Duke

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread