What's new

How to clean?

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
2,005
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Anyone know the BEST way for cleaning clad coins? I cant buy a tubler or any special materials, and i need it done fast and i want to the coins to come out looking good. Any ideas?

-CC
 
Get a plastic bottle, fill it about 1/4 full with pebbles, add vinegar enough to reach the top of the pebbles, put in 20 coins or so, screw on the lid...and shake rattle and roll for about 5 minutes.
 
THANKS BADGER! Il try it!

-CC
 
on clad coins I just take a toothbrush and remove the dirt and grime and then back into circulatioin they go. They will eventually get clean while in circulation. I have never had anyone say anything to me about dirty coins, sometimes they take a good look but when they see it is a coin they almost have to take it.
 
Thanks for the help!

-CC
 
Someone told me once to put the coins in a empty milk container and add some toilet cleaner. Tried it and it works, just don't mix the coins (I.E. copper and non-copper). It's a quick way to clean them. I prefer the tumbler method.
 
try putting the coins in water and boiling
 
FILL S BOWL WITH 2 CUPS OF VINEGER, ADD CLAD, THEN ADD SALT 1 TBS AT A TIME.
STIR AND WATCH YOUR COINS BECOME ALMOST NEW. NOTE:BE SURE AND USE GLOVES, OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE GREEN FINGERSNAILS FOR 3 TO 4 WEEKS.

WINDTAMER.

THIS METHOD DOESN'T WORK ON COPPER.
 
I clean my old silver by placing strips of alunimum foil and boil the water and then add my silver.
I use this to clean my Reale Silver coins and it work pretty good.
Peg Leg
 
Has anyone ever tried oxyclean? I started using this miracle substance about five years ago to clean old golfballs and have been using it to clean my coins. it is the greatest multipurpose product ever made.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom