How to gracefully dismount a motorcycle at 115 mph

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove a bike to work through a cold winter once (long story).
Going 65MPH, hit a patch of ice on a bridge deck and got a little squirrelly.
As I was skating across the bridge, I hit the bump at where the concrete turned to asphalt.
Instantly I was in a death wobble. For those not knowing what a death wobble is...there is no mistaking it when it happens.

I think I fought it a couple turns then almost let go completely with both hands and it instantly went away.

Very scary.

Yes you can ride a motorcycle in the snow...

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about getting me one of these https://www.elektra.com.mx/motocicleta-de-trabajo-italika-ft150-grafito-34003371/p ...I can putt around town on one of these and not really worry about speeding all that much...lol...But with the low speed limits in Mexico I could still break the law...hahaha...

13 years to go...I sure hope I can make it that long...I have my eye on an Italika...A gold wing is a little out of my budget...But I am pretty sure I can swing an Italika...hehehe...Maybe one day I'll try to find a real de minas I once visited...Only time will tell...

Ed T:)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Drove a bike to work through a cold winter once (long story).
Going 65MPH, hit a patch of ice on a bridge deck and got a little squirrelly.
As I was skating across the bridge, I hit the bump at where the concrete turned to asphalt.
Instantly I was in a death wobble. For those not knowing what a death wobble is...there is no mistaking it when it happens.

I think I fought it a couple turns then almost let go completely with both hands and it instantly went away.

Very scary.

Yes you can ride a motorcycle in the snow...

Had the pleasure (?) of riding in the snow multiple times for work ...on a 68 CL-350 enduro.
Rain pants helped, a little.
Some one told me the cold is not an issue after 20 minutes. Not sure I agree.
Managed to not dump it on ice. But drove with extra caution too.

Noticed some older Honda's with factory/stock rubber patches on the sides of the tanks. Made sense , that gas gets cold!

One night with several inches of snow and a minus11 windchill a Harley roared past going the other way on a road home. (I was snug in an automobile).
Someone at work when I mentioned it , knew who it was going around his block as a ritual.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had it figured out how to deal with the cold.
Everyone else seemed more upset about it than I was.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man you are just lucky. I have found that while riding I no longer bounce like I once did. Glad you are ok. Keep it between the mustard and the mayo. Merry Christmas.

cactusman

Nov 15, 2015
Western USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, AT Max, AT Pro, Ace 350, GTI-2500, Infinium LS, Scorpion Gold Stinger, Pro-Pointer AT, Fisher F75 LTD2, Gold Bug 2, F-Pulse, Whites 24K, TM-808, Schonstedt Maggie, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motorcycles can easily get a mind of their own... I have more stories than I can ever share, but probably the most painful was a three-plus story fall at a race, followed closely by a crash at another race where when I hit, I hit head-first and when I took my helmet off in the pits, it fell in half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions