What's new

How To Multi Quote a Message?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
4,374
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Augustine, FL
Would someone explain to me the secret in how to multi quote a response? I click the Multi Quote option and a blue check mark is displayed indicating it is selected, but no quotes are copied into the reply box. I use Firefox, if that matters.
 
I just experimented for my replies. I found that you can click the multi quote up to 8 of them and then you just click on the tab above the Quick Reply that reads "+ Reply to Thread" and it will automatically put your quotes into the Quick Reply section.

There may be another way or easier way but like I said I was just experimenting.

IM
 
Thanks for the reply Ironman. Apparently, the multi-quote function only quotes the most recent reply, instead of quoting a threaded reply. So if someone wants to quote a threaded response, one must select the first part of the threaded response; then select the second part of the threaded response; and so on.

Seems quite clumsy and contradictory to the concept of multi-quoting. It is also contrary to the original functionality of the TNet before the site conversion/upgrade.

Thanks again.
 
i agree with the upper said.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom