What's new

How to reduce the size of your pictures

OutBack Duo

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
925
Reaction score
38
Golden Thread
0
Location
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not everyone is a computer expert and a lot of us have a hard time posting pictures because we leave them the same size and resolution as what the camera gives them to us as. I wrote a small instructional article that tells you how to reduce the size of your pictures using software that most of you already have on your computer. Check it out at http://mymdforum.com/wp/2011/01/reduce-picture-size/

Don
 
auferret said:
Very nice, well wriiten article Outback Duo. Another option, that I find easier, is the image resizer power toy from Microsoft. After you install it, you right click on the file you want to resize and click on resize picture (or something similar to that). Choose a size and it creates a new file leaving the original alone.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

There are a lot of utilities online that you can download to perform this task but not everyone feels comfortable about downloading "FREE" stuff, you never know what you might catch. I referenced the PAINT program because it is a program that most people already have.
 
I refer folks to Paint for the same reasons. 99 percent of the time it is already on their computer, therefore no download or cost involved.

I wrote a quick walk through that I post when someone is having a problem, usually after doing just a few pics one can re-size in about 10 seconds. :icon_thumright:

Good job on the article. :thumbsup:
 
Very helpful tip Ron. I am one of the guilty ones on oversize pictures only because of lack of knowledge and not finding anything on my camera's software to reduce the pictures.

Your tip would make a good sticky. :thumbsup:
 
Join "photobucket" (free)
Upload your pics
Copy the IMG code from the pic
Add the code to your post here

Automatic resize...simple! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom