Howdy from the Texas coast

May 22, 2011
There is some very interesting reading on this board. I look forward to sharing my finds, measly or not. I live on a country place where there's a long ravine dump that's been used for ages . Over the years, just walking around in the ravine and poking around the surface without really looking, I have found a lot of intriguing old fragments. Probably the oldest thing I've found so far is part of a cast iron shoe last--child-sized, with a pointy toe and shoe buttons up the side. I've found lots of pieces of old bottles and lots of china shards. When I started to actually try to dig things out a couple years ago, I happened to choose a more recent part of the dump, because I found a lot of bottles from the 1940's and maybe some from 1930's. Milk of Magnesia, Fletcher's Castoria, Scott's Emulsion, '40's Coke and Dr. Pepper bottles, and a couple of applied color label soda bottles. Some art deco style perfume bottles. Many milk bottles, but so far all broken, and the painting on them is all gone. I love ACL bottles, and I hope to find more of them. I like the 1930's and '40's bottles, so I enjoy finding them. Of course, I always have 100 pieces of trash for every "nice" bottle.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing my treasure-hunting (and trash-hunting) expereriences, and reading about yours!

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure-Net, I like looking for old bottles also, keep us posted.

Fossis............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread