What's new

Huge New Holes In Siberia Have Scientists Calling For Urgent Investigation Of Craters

Makes the sink holes in FL seem mild compared to these ones, wonder if it's the effects of methane gas build ups from the melting permafrost.
 
Last edited:
At first glance I thought of someone digging up a frozen mastodon or something.
 
I don't know about most of these as I have not seen pics of videos of them. However, pics of the main one shown at the link, appears to be more like an impact crater than a sinkhole due to it having a sloped upper opening and higher rim. Of course, many volcanic culderas appear silimar when there is/was a massive explosion, so I guess the same could occur with buildup gases that are suddenly released!


Frank
 
Last edited:
Wonder if that's why we are getting the Siberian winter express here now. :icon_scratch:
They can take back all the snow and ice and probably fill the craters, works for me! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom