What's new

HUGE Silver....almost threw it away!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,946
Reaction score
19,958
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was going to lead the post "Milestone Silver Saves the Day"
Today I bounced around a couple of previous permissions, had nothing really lined up. I found the silver Rosie at the edge of a flower bed, scrounged some remaining clad, and then I squeeked out a couple of wheats. Ready to call it a day, I scouted some places, looking for a good spot for future reference. I get a yes at this place I've been drooling over, guy says swing now for a few minutes, we'll see how it goes....Ok!
First hit, a deep dime, YES, 1918-D Merc, my 50th all time, so that was my milestone.:headbang:About to wrap it up, I call last target, and then my ears got blown off by this big piece of trash. I couldn't ID it, figured it was the base of a trophy, dunno, didn't care.
So I get home, clean it off a bit, I see that it's obviously dinged up, and broken....I show it to my wife, and she's says its sterling....excuse me?
Yea, marked Sterling, and also "Cement Reinforced" Holy crap! It's a broken candle holder! OUTSTANDING!!!
It weighs a ton with the cement, but there's an edge to it, so I can pry it apart, clean it up, and then it will be good for scrap. FWIW, it's the most silver I've ever found!
image.webpimage.webp
So later, I am rinsing off my clad, and checking the dates on my wheats, 1929, and then...
Holy Crap! An Indian Head! Didn't even know I found it....1897! Only my 4th ever, it had been a year since I pulled one.
image.webp

Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 80
my feelings are hurt, maybe you ought to send me all your silver and gold
 
Quite the hunk of silver, that's awesome! Even more awesome is that your wife had to point out to you LOL

you should have it refined and made into some custom jewelry for her.
That's the plan my friend!....
 
better than gold right now
 
Only gold I find gets returned, or taken by wifey...
I own no gold.
 
You find things for hours, over and over, lol
Congrats! :-)
 
As a weekend hunter, I do ok...not like you up north guys.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom