lorraine
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 15, 2010
- Messages
- 4,474
- Reaction score
- 3,764
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab GT; Sov Elite
- Primary Interest:
- Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and would you believe it...two more medallions! 
Heavy fog enveloped a terribly sanded - in beach late morning, but I found a promising area ( trough) and wet sand so I worked it to the bone for 3 hrs.
First find was a "4 -leaf clover" medallion...a good start 8)
Was finding clads, & miscellaneous items including another medallion ( ornate) during the next 2 1/2 hrs . before recovering a nice Tiger's Eye ( I think that's what the stone is...not sure) 18 K ring in the trough.
The GT surprisingly gave off a mid-high tone...not at all like the usual gold sound I've heard in the past...but it was a solid, confined tone ..... was surprised to see the ring in the scoop contents .
The spoon dates back to the mid-late 1800's according to this info I found on the net re: H& T Mfg . Co.:
H & T MFG CO
H&T Mfg Co stands for Holmes & Tuttle Manufacturing. Holmes & Tuttle started in 1851 in Connecticut. In 1857, Bristol Brass & Clock purchased them. In 1901, the name was changed to American Silver Company and remained that until 1935 when it was purchased by International Silver.
Here's some pics ; I'm going to clean up the two medallions and repost improved pics of them.
Thanks for looking
Lorraine

Heavy fog enveloped a terribly sanded - in beach late morning, but I found a promising area ( trough) and wet sand so I worked it to the bone for 3 hrs.
First find was a "4 -leaf clover" medallion...a good start 8)
Was finding clads, & miscellaneous items including another medallion ( ornate) during the next 2 1/2 hrs . before recovering a nice Tiger's Eye ( I think that's what the stone is...not sure) 18 K ring in the trough.
The GT surprisingly gave off a mid-high tone...not at all like the usual gold sound I've heard in the past...but it was a solid, confined tone ..... was surprised to see the ring in the scoop contents .
The spoon dates back to the mid-late 1800's according to this info I found on the net re: H& T Mfg . Co.:
H & T MFG CO
H&T Mfg Co stands for Holmes & Tuttle Manufacturing. Holmes & Tuttle started in 1851 in Connecticut. In 1857, Bristol Brass & Clock purchased them. In 1901, the name was changed to American Silver Company and remained that until 1935 when it was purchased by International Silver.
Here's some pics ; I'm going to clean up the two medallions and repost improved pics of them.
Thanks for looking
Lorraine
Upvote
0


the size, Kt value, base metals used with it and even the way it is laying in the ground can affect how it sounds.... Anyone who thinks they can just dig the gold tones is fooling theirselves and leaving the gold for those of us who dig it all
......






