What's new

Hunted between the raindrops yesterday;clads, bottles, and a religious object.

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a couple of hours yesterday while Hank watched KJ Choi capture another golf tournament trophy.

Hunted my favorite terrain ...rocks and mud on old beaches

Not much there this time around, but it was great to get out even in the misty , cloudy conditions.

Found two ?old bottles which I am presently researching.


The religious item is not a pendant...looks and feels like some very hard rubber material.

Here's some pics

thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0332.webp
    DSCF0332.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 373
  • DSCF0335.webp
    DSCF0335.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCF0340.webp
    DSCF0340.webp
    102.6 KB · Views: 369
  • DSCF0346.webp
    DSCF0346.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCF0348.webp
    DSCF0348.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCF0347.webp
    DSCF0347.webp
    18.2 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0
Lorraine, the 2 bottles are old soda/cola bottles. Not worth much, but nice to have in a collection. That beach looks like no one has been there in a while!
 
Lorraine, those beaches are a lot different than I am use to here in FL. What do you use to dig with on those rocky beaches? That looks like shovel work to me. More great old finds. Thank you for sharing.

Chuck
 
stevemc said:
Lorraine, the 2 bottles are old soda/cola bottles. Not worth much, but nice to have in a collection. That beach looks like no one has been there in a while!

Thank you for that info, Steve; much appreciated.

This beach is one of group of several beaches that are very popular in the summer time; in the early 1900's the area was the site of a huge amusement park which was razed sometime in the '60's in the name of urban renewal. Ferry operations to the site were abundant in the amusement park's "heyday", and at very low tide there are old coins, old jewelry, old bottles, and "oddities' ( those strange pendants) to be found in the very thick,clay-like mud. A strong, heavy scoop is an absolute necessity to hunt this area.

I hope to get out there more this summer... and maybe get lucky.


Lorraine
 
Can Slaw said:
Lorraine, those beaches are a lot different than I am use to here in FL. What do you use to dig with on those rocky beaches? That looks like shovel work to me. More great old finds. Thank you for sharing.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I use an aluminum scoop with a welded stainless steel pointed lip; bucket is 6"x8" ; handle is 38";
weight is 4 lbs.


For less muscle-challenged areas, I use a lighter weight scoop with wire mesh.

Here's a couple of pics

thanks for looking

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0349.webp
    DSCF0349.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCF0351.webp
    DSCF0351.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 321
Nice looking spot there..the kind of beach I like. Digging is hard but generally worthwhile.

HH Joe
 
Cool finds..neat lookin beach u hunt...hope u get the gold this summer!! HH
 
Awesome scoop for that rocky shoreline. That clay bottom has kept all those old finds within detector range, how nice!

Thanks for posting your scoop.

Chuck
 
That picture of the beach you were hunting reminded me of an old swimming area I know of. I will have to check it out this weekend to see if anyone has water detected it. Thanks. :D
 
ADDENDUM : the "jesus" find is a pendant...I hadn't seen the hole in the top until today when I had decided that I would like to make it into a pendant by drilling a hole in the top part, but I was so surprised to see an opening already there...must be bad eyesight to have missed it.

Here's a pic

thanks for looking again

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0354.webp
    DSCF0354.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCF0358.webp
    DSCF0358.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 172
  • DSCF0356.webp
    DSCF0356.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 177

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom