What's new

Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

Can Slaw

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
461
Reaction score
47
Golden Thread
0
Location
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

I am sorry to report, nothing has changed in the past year. This was the third pouch full of can slaw in 2 hours. It is a shame what they can do to a beach and call it "re-nourishment". I don't think nature ever intended to have can slaw on a beach.
 

Attachments

  • Can Slaw 001.webp
    Can Slaw 001.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 453
Upvote 0
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

Been there, done that TOO :(
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

And you know just where it is too. It's no better than the last time either. I was hoping maybe some of the Snowbirds cleaned some of it out, but there is just to much there.
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

I 've brought home plenty of that ..many times

Good luck in future hunts, CanSlaw :hello:

Lorraine
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

I find ton's of it here in Hawaii.
I wish there was a way to discriminate it out. :(
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

well, its better than siitin at home!
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

Can Slaw said:
And you know just where it is too. It's no better than the last time either. I was hoping maybe some of the Snowbirds cleaned some of it out, but there is just to much there.
It will take years to clean it up. Just think if the slobs in the boats didn't throw the cans overboard we would not have to deal with the "Slaw"
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

erikk said:
Can Slaw said:
And you know just where it is too. It's no better than the last time either. I was hoping maybe some of the Snowbirds cleaned some of it out, but there is just to much there.
It will take years to clean it up. Just think if the slobs in the boats didn't throw the cans overboard we would not have to deal with the "Slaw"

Pete, you are so correct. The previous dredging 6 years ago was where all of the boats parked at the Pierside Beach Bar. All the beer cans would go overboard before heading home so there would be "no open containers" Then last year they dredged the Shrimp Boat channel and that had 10 time the beer cans and boat parts, then pumped that sand onto FMB. We just about had the first dredging cleaned out, but this last one, I don't think there is any hope of cleaning that one out. All of the small, good sounding, pieces are when the cans got chopped up going through the dredge. I know I won't be hunting FMB anymore.
 
Re: Hunted my "namesake" beach this morning

I tried detecting a ballfield that was loaded with slaw and I gave up. I feel like you have to do whats fun for you or it becomes a job. That ballfield stopped being fun real quick.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom