Hunting An Old mill House Field

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1704.JPG
On Saturday I spent two hours and forty five minutes hunting a sport field located next to some old mill houses that date back to the late 1800's. I was hoping to find a silver coin or two but it wasn't in the cards. I did manage to dig up 51 clads worth $7.79 so at least it wasn't a waste of time. I also dug four toy cars and a Cub Scout neckerchief slide. The oldest coin of the day was a corroded 1940 wheat cent.

Upvote 16

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2075260 On Saturday I spent two hours and forty five minutes hunting a sport field located next to some old mill houses that date back to the late 1800's. I was hoping to find a silver coin or two but it wasn't in the cards. I did manage to dig up 51 clads worth $7.79 so at least it wasn't a waste of time. I also dug four toy cars and a Cub Scout neckerchief slide. The oldest coin of the day was a corroded 1940 wheat cent.
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G
View attachment 2075260 On Saturday I spent two hours and forty five minutes hunting a sport field located next to some old mill houses that date back to the late 1800's. I was hoping to find a silver coin or two but it wasn't in the cards. I did manage to dig up 51 clads worth $7.79 so at least it wasn't a waste of time. I also dug four toy cars and a Cub Scout neckerchief slide. The oldest coin of the day was a corroded 1940 wheat cent.

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good haul!!

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Hot Wheels food truck and the Wolf neckerchief slide are nice bonuses.
Thanks Blackfoot.....The food truck was the first dig of the day.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why was a field next to an old mill house so rich in modern coinage, etc.?
The field is next to a group of old mill houses that date back to the late 1800's........1882 to be exact. A few of the mill houses were demolished years ago and the land was made into a park. The park has a soccer field and
a baseball diamond on it.
IMG_1687.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread