Hunting Baltimore City Parks

Joe Kerr

Jan 27, 2008
Some parks in Baltimore can be hunted but not all of them. Also the parks you can hunt, a permit is needed. I believe Parks and Rec has the info about the permits.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: I hunted Patterson Park many years ago and had no problem. Of course that was MANY years ago. Long before all this detecting became so popular and know-nothings started getting their noses into everything we do. early 60's we lived three blocks from the park. Climbed the pagoda before it was boarded up and up the sides after it was boarded up. Sailed model boats on the pond before it was decided that there was a "dangerous" chance of falling in and drowning. The water was about 3 feet deep. I have many old pictures from Baltimore parks and amusement parks.

I don't know anymore but I think Druid Hill, Patapasco, Gwen Falls and a few others may still be accessable. Someone once told me that Captain Kidd once hid treasure somewhere around Baltimore but I'd have to hear it from him. Don't recall which park it was supposed to be. Maybe Druid Hill? He was hanged in England I believe.

Look up Blackwater state park or something like that. It was out old Eastern Avenue. Look up Paradise Park. It was on Hart-Miller Island and had a bridge to it from Ramona's Restaurant and was a long time favorite. I still remember riding across the old wooden bridge and the amusement rides. Before the Baltimore harbor dredging project it was a nice anchorage and swimming area. Wooster's was another great picnic area along with Porter's Beach. Porters used to allow detecting but it has been about 20 years since I was there. There were some great rocks on the back side on the lagoon near the boat ramp we used to jump off of. The beach was always crowded and should be a good area if you can still hunt there.

Like I said, it's been a long time since I was there. If I thought about it for a while I'm sure I could remember a lot more areas around Baltimore. I can't tell you all of them because I am heading up next summer to cruise the bay and do some T-hunting of my own. :laughing9: NEVER GIVE UP!

OP
OP
oldmaps

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. I am in Baltimore city once a month and my business doesnt take that long ,so I thought I might try a few parks out while I am there. Tim HH

jonnyb126

Feb 7, 2011
hello all... im new to this (just joined tonight).... i live in the baltimore area.... I have heard stories about captain kidd hiding in druid hill park... i spend a good amount of time in the park and have my speculations as to where it could be... however, be careful if you go to that part of town, not the best area surrounding the park...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread