Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

Gatorinsc

Tenderfoot
Jan 28, 2007
Sumter, SC
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
If you go there, you will be at one of the best sharks teeth beaches in North Florida. I have not been metal detecting there but I grew up in Jacksonville and went to Fernandina Beach way too many times. I found many different types of shark teeth, whale bones, 3 toed horse teeth and hooves, stingray stingers and other fossils. I imagine looking around the base of Ft Clinch you may find some metal targets as well as further south along the beach since there are quite a few people going to the beach in the summer. Also look around some of the inlets as well since the tides wash plenty of stuff up into and near the marshes in the inlets. You may want to talk to the State Parks people if you go around Ft Clinch first before you search there. Good luck and have fun.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best luck will be the main beach. There is a lot of history there. I miss the place now that I AM IN TEXAS. were or you living might be able to tell you a few places.

S

soulflow

hello my name is tim and i just started MDing. i live in jacksonville fl and am looking for some good spots to detect in for old coins or relics. if you got any tips i would appreciate it!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
been hitting some goodies in the area---Ivan

masalis

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2007
43600016_1.JPG

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
HERES a few 1810 to 1812 Era English plate shards----there called green colored shell egde with scalloped rims with impessed straight lines---the plates were made in shaffordshire england-- from a deep oval shaped type bowl--the shards are from a " british lumber trade" wreck---mostly its english and spanish stuff found on amelia island---not too much french stuff---they were there only a very short while before they were wiped out by the spanish in 1565 and what french stuff was thgere was loted by the spanish at the time-----english were big time there from 1763 to 1783 and spanish from 1783 til 1817 when tilll Gregor Mc Gregor and a small band of merc's took the island from spain 's control---with "no" help from america forth coming as he hoped it would be---he left the island in control---of irwin and hubbard---then basically ---luis aury the "anti spanish freedom fighter" or pirate depending on your point of view moved in and took over using money that he gad and that hubbard baded need to pay his "merc" troops which wanted their "money" ---aury basically just took over the island ---this was in oct of 1817-----however due to illegal slave smuggling and the georgian merchants prices being "under cut" by "hot" tax free stolen spanish goods being sold by the pirates ---in dec of 1817 the US President sent ships to caputure Aury and shut down the "pirate" port thus the US (illegaly) took over the "spanish" island from the pirate luis aury finally they released him after jailing him for a month in jan 1818 months---having no "legal basis" to do otherwise--since aury (quite wizely) raided no american ships and had allowed no stolen "american" cargoes in the port (he only allowed stolen spanish goods)and since he had letters of marquee from mevico and venezula for that he was in effect "legal". the americans kicked him out and he left the islans broke even though it was well known that he got $60,000 in payment for 95 slaves while he was at amelia island---Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
heres a "unknown" goodie -----cast brass or bronze dimpled on the outside---think its mid 1700's to early 1800's---say about 1763 to 1820 era more or less--Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread