OP
K

kobo

Greenie
Nov 25, 2007
Alabama Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Sovereign GT, Sand Shark, Garrett GTI 1500
Good luck with the loan. My e-mail address is [email protected] Bay Minette, Where are you moving from? I have lived here all of my life. Let me hear from you.

Mike

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You guys might consider checking out that island in the Tensaw,just south of the railroad trestle.20yrs ago,a lot of people would put in there and wash thier boats and have a bunch of weekend parties on the beach.You can put in at Liveoak or Deadlake(I use to keep my houseboat there) and motor over to the island.I understand that Buddy Long has sold Deadlake and all his property there to the state.There was some indian mounds about a 1/4-1/2mi down Deadlake on the north side.They couldn't be seen from the water,but there was some shells on the bank there,the only place there were shells.Just walk in about 20yds.Goodluck.

OP
OP
K

kobo

Greenie
Nov 25, 2007
Alabama Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Sovereign GT, Sand Shark, Garrett GTI 1500
Warsawdaddy,

Thanks for your info regarding "Gravine Island". People still go there a lot. Especially in the summer. I live on the water in Mobile and have a boat in the water in my back yard. I can leave from my house and be in the delta area in about 30 minutes or like you said go up to the area and put the boat in there. I am familiar with those landings. I plan on going up there as soon as the weather warms up a little. I did not know about the Indian mounds. Do you still live in this area? I would like to partner up with someone who would like to hunt these areas.

Thanks,
Mike (Kobo)

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Nope,live in Missouri now.Still have a daughter in Mobile,a son has just moved from there over to just south of Lucedale,Ms.Maybe sometime when I visit,we could meet up and detect.

GYirga

Mar 11, 2006
I am planning a trip to Gulf Shores during spring break in March. We have not settled on accomodations yet. Any advise on where to stay to avoid the Spring break wild crowds or any advise on where to metal detect for the best luck would be appreciated. Are there beach areas where you are not allowed to detect?

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be carfull ,Tensaw is full of large gaters! I counted 14 one night while cat fishing .That was with a spot light while the boat was anchored. I don't live there any more but sure wish I did!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread